↦Chapter 4 : The Revelance

The man showed her the phone when they both ran to each other where Maddie abruptly closed the main door in his face. She faced him through the transperant window. The killer looked at her when he walked backward and trudged towards the other door. Maddie's eyes growed bigger as she ran on her foot and locked the door on the spot.

The killer stared at her when he made his way towards the kitchen window. Maddie trudged as fast she could but the door was already locked. She looked at the killer from the inside when the man angrily thumped on the door. The crossbow-weilding maniac turned his back when he made his way towards the back door of Maddie's house. All confused, Maddie's eyes followed him through the window when she gasped as she ran towards the back door and locked it at the right time. Maddie jumped when the killer pounded on the window.

The man turned his back and looked at his right, then to his left when he held the crossbow in his hand and tiptoed down the stairs. As Maddie saw him walking away, she ran towards her laptop and dialed the number 911. She was about to call the police through the face time app when the lights went off and no network was available as the man had turned off the main switch of the house. Maddie helplessly went on the wifi connection where she has to typed the password while the killer pressed some numbers on Maddie's phone and changed the password. Maddie cringed as she saw the system saying "incorrect password" as she lifted her eyes and stared at the killer though the window.

The murderer took out the bloody large knife and screeched it on the glass. Maddie was paralyzed with fear as she stared at him.

She got up and walked towards the main door on her shivering feet when her mouth fell as she looked at the man which was punching her car tyres from the outside. The man looked at her and mercilessly torned out the tyres as the air hissed. Maddie stepped backward and looked around her in the dark house. Tears of fear appeared in her eyes, butterfly in her stomach, she swiftly opened her handing bag where she took out a lipstick and grabbed a torch from the drawer of the kitchen.

She then walked towards her main door when she kneeled and with her trembling hand, she wrote something on the window.

She then made her way towards her stairs when she sat and gathered some air and mustered the courage and turned on the torch pointing towards what she had written on the window. She stared at the words when suddenly she jumped as the masked killer appeared at the window. He rapidly read the words:

Won't tell
Didn't see face
Boyfriend coming home

To this, the man stood up and glared at Maddie. The latter pointed the torch to him when the pyschopath took out his beanie and then removed his mask. His face was revealed. He then looked fixedly at Maddie who was staring, paralyzed.

"Can you read my lips?",he asked.

Maddie didn't respond as she was in a deep shock. The killer thumped on the window when he asked again:

"Can you?"

Maddie collapsed and stared at him when she nodded a yes.

"You have seen my face now, haven't you?"

The killer sent shivers down to Maddie's spine. She didn't respond.

The maniac glanced down at the last word that she wrote about her boyfriend coming home when he lifted his eyes to her.

"Seriously, Maddie. Maybe you could come back and live with me. You know, I worry about you. It's not good for anyone to be so alone, squish",he mocked.

Maddie turned cold and her hand trembled when she realised he was actually in her house the whole time when she talked to her sister. She cringed and tears came into her red eyes.

"I can come any time I want. And I can get you any time I want. But I'm not going to, not until it's time. When you wish you dead, that's when I'll come inside. Do you understand me?"

"Nod your head if you understand me"

Maddie nodded when her single tear fell from her eyes.

"Good. Then we can have some fun. Enjoy it",that was the last thing he said when he trudged away.