↦Chapter 10 : Fighting back

He got off from John when he sat and gathered some air. He took out the brand watch from John's wrist when he said:

"Oh yeah...I never would have won that fight"

He placed the watch in his trouse and he searched into John's pocket when he took out a pack of cigarette from one of the pocket:

"Oh, John, John, John...these things will kill you"

                                   •••

He opened the car boot when he took out a crowbar and walked when he placed it beside him as he sat on the ground in front of the car. He took out a cigarette butt and placed it into his mouth when he said:

"What do you think, John?

He lighted up the cigarette with the lighter when he continued:

"Hmm? Should I go and there...and get this over with?"

He smoked when he glanced at the dead John when he shook his head:

"Yeah...you are probably right. I should wait a while longer until she has lost more blood. I don't want to tempt a shot in case her aim is any better than her judgement",he said when an animal meowed behind him.

It was Maddie's cat.

"Oh hey there..", he rubbed the cigarette butt on the soil when he went toward the cat.

"Hey..",he caressed it.

"Is this your house? Does your mommy live there?",he whispered.

"Let's check",he placed his hand on the pink rubber chain around the cat's neck when he read on the small heart-shaped plastic:

BITCH

"Aww"

He read on the other side:

Maddie Young

"Welcome home, puss",he mocked.

"It's okay, You're gonna see mommy soon",he said with a smile as he took out his knife.

"Or at least, she will see you..",he said as he placed his knife around the neck of the cat.

"Nailed to the front..",he was about to slit the cat when a crossbow arrow hit him on the chest. He gasped when he stood up and groaned as he removed the arrow from his flesh.

Maddie aimed at him with the crossbow in her hand when she turned her back and rushed towards her main door. The killer ran after her when Maddie stepped inside her house but the arrow fell from from her hand. She swiftly crawled and grabbed the arrow which was on the floor when she was about to put her hand inside but the killer slammed the door on her hand. Maddie gasped and cried when the manaic placed his foot in the air and smashed her hand. Her bones cracked. Blood flowed. The killer hit her hand again. Maddie could feel her bones tearing into pieces when she pleaded as she pounded her fist on the window to the killer.

The man stared at her when he stepped backward as he watched Maddie placing her dented and jammed fingers inside. Maddie locked the door with her other hand when she helplessly collapsed on the floor as she sobbed at her broken hand. Maddie could barely walked and now she couldn't even use her right hand. She placed her cracked hand on her stomach and teared up.

A smile appeared in the killer's face as he enjoyed watching Maddie in pain. He kneeled down as he picked up the arrow and broke it into Maddie's face. He stared at her sobbing on the floor when the brave lady wiped her tears and looked at him. She stood up on her injured leg while the killer followed her action as they faced each other through the glass.

Maddie gave him a killer look as she stared at him when she placed her finger in the deep cut of her leg. She gasped a little as it pained when she placed her finger and wrote something on the glass with her blood. It read:

DO IT

The killer frowned a little as he studied those words when Maddie pounded on the window to get back her attention as she took out a drop of her blood from her leg again and wrote on the glass:

COWARD

The man clenched his cheekbones and lifted his eyes at Maddie who gave him a sharp look. The man rolled his eyes when he turned his back and trudged.

Maddie watched him going away when she reached her laptop and typed something on a document while the killer grabbed his crowbar and hit the glass of her door. It cracked.

The killer constantly hit the crowbar against the glass to break it but Maddie was typing on her computer:

male 5'9 green eyes brown hair short
tattoo on side of neck
love you mom dad max
died fighting|

And she shut out her laptop and grabbed the knife on the floor as she glanced at the killer but made her way into the bathroom. She locked the door when she sat on the floor in front of the small bathrub which was behind her. She pointed the knife towards the door as she stared and waited for the killer.