↦Chapter 7 : Injured

Maddie made her way upstairs where she looked from the window of her study room. She could see the killer walking around with it's crossbow checking at the main door. Maddie grapped a torch and opened the large window where she quietly but carefully placed her feet on the roof of the house. She waited for a while when she finally saw the killer looking around here and there . Maddie walked carefully to her right when she turned on the torch and threw it at far as she could amongst the trees.

He turned his gaze and noticed a flickering light in the woods. He abruptly rushed to see what it was. Maddie watched his departure when she rapidly trudged on the gluttering creaks of the house. She tried her best to balance her body when she turned and placed his foot on the ladder-grass decoration and was climbing down when suddenly a crossbow arrow hit her on the leg. Maddie gasped and immediately climbed up instead when she laid on the roof in pain. She looked at the killer which walked closer to the house and aimed at her when he pulled another arrow which fortunately missed Maddie.

The man siezed the opportunity and climbed up while Maddie was groaning in pain. Maddie's eyes growed bigger as she saw the killer coming towards her when she snatched the crossbow from the Man's hand and punched him hard in the face which left the maniac falling and grunting on the ground.

Maddie aimed at the man and tried to pulled the arrow but to no avail. She wasn't familiar with crossbows. She carried the arrow in her mouth and the crossbow on the other hand and tried to escaped as she trudged on her bloody leg on the creaks of the house while the man climbed up and was about to reach her but Maddie succeeded in locking the window at the right time.

The Psychopath pounded on the window when Maddie aimed the crossbow at him. The man mocked and banged his head on the window and stared at her when he trudged away.

Maddie watched him going away when she gasped as her leg was aching and losing blood. With the crossbow on her back, she opened up the bathroom where she freed herself from the heavy tool and crawled on the floor when her hand reached the cabinet where she took out a bottle of pain killer. Maddie removed her jacket and was taking heavy breath when she zipped down her jean and laid on the floor while her hands were taking out her pants. Maddie gasped when she stared at the deep cut of her leg. She sobbed when she placed a large piece of cloth into her mouth. She then opened the bottle when she mustered the courage and pour the acidic liquid on her ingured leg. The shock wave of pain hit Maddie like a bolt of lightning as she thumped her hand on the floor and screamed in pain on the inside. She felt a huge swath of scar tissue tearing away and as the blood flowed from which the tear had reached the healthier part of her flesh. Tears were flowing down her cheeks as she thumped her fist on the floor. She lastly laid down when her hands reached her jean as she pulled it up where she zipped it up. Maddie gasped when she removed the cloth from her mouth and firmly wrapped it around her leg with her bloody hands.

Maddie cried and was taking deep breaths when she sat and placed her two hands on her head and started sobbing. She took the crossbow and frowned. How to use it? She placed the arrow when the bolt rattled. She tightly held the bow and pulled it with all her strength towards the arrow of her direction but it quickly plucked away from her hands. Maddie frowned and she tried again but it didn't work. Her fingers were hurt as she strained the bow. She suspended the arrow between her legs and tried again but it left her unsuccessful. She gasped as her fingers numbed.

The killer was staring at her attempts through the window when he whispered:

"Not so easy, is it?"