Chapter Eighteen

Just before Adam could say anything else, Ryan interrupted him.

"I accept the trade,"

"Ryan!!!" Adam and Ty yelled in anger at him. He looked at both of us and smirked, then turned to Sixth.

"But there's a twist, You may keep Adam but just for a night," Ryan explained.

"If we aren't able to kill Ninth by tomorrow, you could keep Adam for good"

Seto placed his finger to his cheek, thinking of that twist. "Very well then, I accept your deal of some sort" Seto agreed as he called up the boy and ordered him to bring some blankets and pillows for Adam.

I guess he really lives in there.... Adam thought as he watched the boy doing Seto's orders. When he was done, the boy bowed his head. "Thank you, Shine" Seto said as the boy named Shine left.

The shine of the candles that were placed on top of the bookcases danced. The shadows left once the light hit the walls, as if it were to be some sort of war. It reminded Adam of what would possibly happen if he met all of the diary owners.

Ryan and Ty stood outside the cage and just stared at Adam being lead inside.

"You shouldn't trust that boy..." Seto said glaring towards Ty.

"You mean Ty?"

"Yes, he doesn't seem to be safe with you. Pretty soon he will plan to kill you" Seto explained as Ty stared back. "Ty would never do that! Sure he murders and all..." Adam replied looking down and remembering of the corpses that gave him a shutter through his spine.

4:36 PM

Adam is still talking to that creep inside the cage, mostly about me! How rude!

4:43 PM

A fire was set off inside the cage, I must rescue Adam!

Fire? Ty thought looking up from hearing his diary entries. No flames were in sight, yet. Adam was still talking to Seto as his amulet made a static sound. "An owner is nearby?!" Adam announced as he looked down in his amulet.

4:47 PM

DEAD END

Thumping was heard coming from the bookcases as the lighted candles fell like dominos. The flames took no affect to the bookcases strangely. They kept falling until one tumbled over to the blankets that Shine brought and was set on fire.

Seto gasped as he got out of his spot and walked backwards as the flames grew.

The blankets were the trigger?! Adam thought in disbelief as Seto and him were separated from the fire that grew between them.

"We need to get them out of there now!" A man yelled with a weird looking headband from all of Seto's followers. He had golden yellow hair, like budder, and blue eyes. Another man came running in with a pail and threw the strange liquid into the fire, causing it to grow.

"You idiot! Thats gasoline!" The chief yelled in anger at the idiot with the pail. His eyes were bright red as they changed to a shade of brown. "W-What was I doing?" He asked looking around and panicked of the fire. "Never mind that! Someone get in and save them!" The chief yelled as another follower came running in with an axe and ran towards the door of the cage, but soon changed direction.

"Run Chief Brice!" A follower yelled as the man with the axe whacked the Chief in the head with the axe. Then stuck it through his skull. "What in the world?" The man with the axe muttered as he gasped of what he had done.

Adam and Ty stared in shock as Ryan left to go get help. More of Seto's followers came in and started slashing each others with axes and butcher knives. It was such a murderous party! Adam looked down to the floor and found an axe, he grabbed it and tried to pass through the fire.

"Adam wait! Just leave him!" Ty yelled from outside the cage. "I can't do that! I was told to protect him!" Adam yelled back as he broke the bookcases to make a doorway.

"I don't trust that guy! My diary have been telling me dangerous things about him!" Ty yelled back adjusting his headphones in his neck. "Just come back!"

"Quit dreaming, Ty!" Adam yelled in anger "I'm saving Seto!"