Chapter 5

Sam never text me and I felt a little disappointed. So it's been almost a week since I saw him. My chest hurt and I asked Carlisle about it and he said it was the imprint. If we're away from each other for so long we'll feel a painful tug in our chests. Apparently its worse for Sam. I miss him. I wish he would just call. I would have called him if I had his number.
I sigh and sat outside the house. Feeling the sun fall on my skin. I smiled and got up. I walked through the woods and saw a small gap where Edward sat with Bella. I sigh and walked away. I smiled finding a small lake, sitting next to it. I let the sun fall on me. I was lucky to be able to sit in the sun and not shine like my family. I could go out in the sun with friends. Like I had any of those. People that claimed to be my 'friends', were people only looking to get in the good books with my family. In hopes to get with one of them.
"(Y/n)?" I looked over to Jasper. "Feeling Jealous of Bella and Edward?"
"Shut up Jasper." I sigh. "I'm not Jealous, just wondering where Sam disappeared too. I miss him."
"I'm sure you'll see him soon. He's probably just busy with something." He said. "He did mention a new shifter so that might be it." I nodded sadly.
"Yeah, I know." I smiled.
"I find it strange you went from, hating relationships to being in one with a shifter." He said, sitting next to me.
"I just know this one will go better than my last. The Volturi won't take Sam away...not like...." I frown. I slowly got up and looked at the water. I took off my shoes and socks. I slipped off my hoodie and looked back to him. "I'm bored." I smiled and dove in. I swam up and let the water drip down me. Jasper chuckled and shook his head.
"You know, you're bad at changing the subject." He said.
"Look Jasper. Every relationship I've been in has gone badly. Either they're killed, taken away or break my heart. Why would I have wanted one? But I know Sam's going to be different" I smiled. He sighs and looked back.
"I better get back to Alice. She'll be wondering where I am." I nodded and he walked off. I swam to the edge and pull myself out and left my feet to dangle into the water.
"Found you." I looked over and Sam stud there. As soon as I saw him I wanted to be in his arms. I needed to touch him. He rushed over and grabbed me, hugging me as tight as possible. I felt that painful tug in my chest vanishes and I hugged him back, holding him close, not wanting to let him go. It was then I realized he smelt kind of like dirt and wood. And a little like oil. "I can't take it. I need to see you." He whined and let me go, looking me in the eyes. "You're soaked."
"Yeah. I got bored." I smiled. He chuckled and kissed my head. "Where have you been?"
"Sorry. I have a new wolf in the pack. He's a hot-head so I've been attempting to help him. He seems to be making it as hard as he can." I sighed. "Sorry. How are you?" He looked like a kicked and wounded puppy. I sigh and nodded. He smiled.
"I'm fine. But you know next time could you let me know? I was pretty worried something happened to you." I said. He nodded and pulled me onto his lap, his face into my neck. Even though I barely knew him. All this felt right. Like I knew Sam for years and this was a normal everyday thing. I forgot everything. School, vampires, shifters. It was just me and him.
"Promise." He said and kissed my shoulder. "You're beautiful." I roll my eyes and he smiled against my shoulders.
"So, when do you need to get back to the pack?" I asked running my fingers through his hair.
"I'm supposed to be with them right now." He chuckled and I slipped out his arms and back into the water. He chuckled and pulled off his shirt and jumped in. I laughed as he wrapped his arms around me.
"So when do you plan on going back?" I asked. He just shrugged and I roll my eyes playfully. He kissed my head.
"Want to get rid of me already?" I sigh and he kissed my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.
"No, I just want to know how long I have with you before you have to leave again." I sigh and he frowned. But then his face lit up.
"You know...if you like water that much, I should take you cliff diving with us one time." He suggested. I will admit cliff diving sounded amazing. It's something I always wanted to try at least once.
"As much as I would love that..." I trailed off. "I don't think that would be such a good idea. Your pack might not like me so much. You know the whole, living with the Cullen's and them being my family." I say and he looked me in the eyes. "Talking about them, I better get back." He frowned and I slowly got out the water. He followed and grabbed his shirt. "You should get back. Your pack will most likely be wondering where you are." I say and he frowned and pulled me close and just held me.
"Come with us next time?" He asked. I sigh and pulled him down and kissed his cheek.
"I'll make you a deal. If every single one of your pack members are okay with it. I'll come. Deal?" I asked. He smiled and kissed my cheek.
"Deal." He smiled. "I'll text you." I roll my eyes and he left. I ran home and walked in. Rose looked over and groaned.
"You are soaked," Emmett said.
"She smells like a wet dog," Rose growled. I rolled my eyes. "So I'm guessing you went and saw Sam again."
"Oh, Rose," I smirked and walked away. "Of course I did." I laughed and walked into my room. I grabbed some dry clothes, going and having a shower before getting changed.
"So you happy?" She smiled. I nodded over to Alice standing by my window.