Chapter 8

"We've killed our kind before. Not easy but not impossible." Carlisle said.
"We'll rip him apart and burn the pieces." Emmett said.
"I don't like the idea of killing another creature. Not even a sadistic creature like James." Carlisle said.
"What if he kills one of us first?" Rose asked. I looked over to her.
"I'll run Bella south. Can you lead the tracker away from here?" Edward asked.
"No Edward. James know you'll never leave Bella. He'll follow you." Carlisle said.
"Me and Jasper will drive Bella south. Well keep her safe." Alice said.
"Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" Edward asked.
"Yes." Alice said taking Bella's hand and taking her over to the car. "(Y/n). Be careful. Trust Sam. He'll do the right thing." I nodded and she hugged me.
"(Y/n). Go to Sam's place. Stay there." Esme said. I looked at her confused. "You can't do this. You might be strong and fast but your still human." I sigh and nodded. "Go now." I nodded and quickly go to my car.
"Hey." Bella looked over and I smiled. "Make sure you get back here. I'm still taking you out, remember." She nodded and I took off driving as fast as I could. I came to an immediate stop when Laurent stud there in front of my car. He just stud there, head tilted. I slowly got my phone out.
"(Y/n)?"
"Emmett? Laurent's right in font of me." I say and I watched him slowly walk closer I put the car in reverse and drove back but he jumped on the bonnet and hit the window. I screamed so glass shattered around me. He grabbed me by my neck and pinned me to a tree, my car crashing into another tree. I had dropped me phone on the floor, Emmett's voice shouting my name.
"Such a beauty." He said. I grabbed his hand trying to breathe, but he just smirked at my attempts to get free.
"Let me go you fu-" I was cut off by a very deep growling. Laurent looked over and dropped me. I chocked on air, coughing a little. I looked up to see Sam and two other wolves. Sam snapped at Laurent and I slowly got up. They walked past me and growled at him before Laurent took off and the other two, who I guessed was Jared and Paul, ran after him. I looked back to Sam and he stud there shirtless. He rushed over looking me over and pulled me into his chest.
"Come on." He said grabbing my hand.

***************

I sat at Sam's. Jared and Paul got back and sat with us.
"So. Sam says you play baseball." Paul smiled. "We should have a game."
"Sure. If you can keep up." He chuckled and Sam smiled at me. Sat on his sofa, his arms wrapped around me as I sat on his lap. I lean to my left, into his chest. I smiled until a phone rang.
"Jared, go get that." Sam said. The other groaned and got up. He walked off and I smiled. Sam kissing my head.
"(Y/n). Its for you." I walked over and took the phone.
"He-"
"(Y/n)!!?" I pulled the phone away from my ear.
"Jesus Emmett. Lower your voice." I said.
"How am I supposed to react. You tell me Laurent was in front of you. You scream and then you don't answer your god dame phone. Do you know how worried we was?" He asked.
"I'm sorry. My phone got brock. I'm at Sam's. He got there in time. Laurent got away but we're safe." I say.
"I'll come pick you up." I opened my mouth when Sam took the phone.
"Its fine Emmett. I'll bring her home later." Sam said. I heard Emmett agree and Sam hung up.
"I think that's our hint to leave." Paul said.
"See you later (Y/n)." Jared smiled. I waved and Sam picked me up taking me back to the sofa. He sat me down and leaned over me, kissing me gently.
"He touched you. You still have his scent on you. If I didn't get there in time he could have..." He growled kissing down my neck. I ran my fingers through his hair and he groaned. He looked up at me and I smiled.
"Hey?" I asked, making him look at me. "I know I'm safe because I have you and my family to protect me. I know you can protect me and I love you. Understand?" He nodded and nuzzled into my neck. The door opened and Esme stud there. I looked over and she smiled at me.
"Your on our land." Sam growled. I ran my fingers through his hair, kissing his head.
"Bella's in the hospital." I tensed and Sam looked over.
"What?" Sam asked.
"James. The one killing all those people. He bit her. Edward managed to suck the venom out." I nodded. "I was on the way to visit her. Want to come?" She asked.
"I'll visit tomorrow." She nodded and left. Sam looked up at me.
"You can go if you want." I shook my head.
"Nope. I'm staying here with my knight in shining armor." I smiled and he chuckled, kissing my neck softly. "Hey I'm being forced to go to Prom. Come with me?" I asked.
"Did you just ask me out on a date?" He asked. I hit his shoulder and he laughed. "I'd love to go with you." He smiled kissing my shoulder. I smiled and I leaned closed and kissed him gently.
"You look tiered." He sighed and nodded slowly. "Get some sleep. I'll stay." He smiled and scooped me up. I laughed as he carried me to a bedroom and put me on the bed. He pulled off his shirt and laid down next to me. I smiled as he pulled me closer. I kissed his head and I smiled.