Chapter 16

"I was born into a family that wasn't exactly expecting a baby...my mum couldn't kill me, even what she tried." I explain. "She took the abortion pill but it didn't effect me. Doctors where confused and said my mum would have to have me." Sam stroked my hair and I leaned into him. "When she told me dad, he wasn't happy." Sam frowned at me and I sighed. "Then he liked the idea. He always wanted a son. So they got ready, expecting a boy."
"Didn't they get the scan to show your gender." I nodded and smiled.
"Apparently I was a stuben baby and the day my mum got the scan I folded up on her so she couldn't see. The doctor sad it was common with boys to do that. So they where happy. When I was born...they where less happy." Sam frowned and kissed my head.
"What did they do?" He asked.
"Im stead of putting me in car like every normal person who isn't ready, they kept me..." I trailed off and took a deep breath. "From the ages of 0-4, they only took car of me when I desperately needed too. They always dressed me in boy cloths and for the fist couple of years they told people I was a boy, giving me a boys name the day I was born." I frown. "But once I reached 4 they could hid it anymore." I sigh
"What happened?" He asked.

"Daddy. I drew you a picture." I smiled handing my dad the drawing. He looked at it and smiled at me before screwing it up and putting it in the bin. I frowned and looked at my mum who didn't seem to care. I looked and saw they where eating and smiled waiting for my dinner.
"What do you want?" My dad asked.
"I'm waiting for dinner." I say quietly. He groaned at me and threw some fried on the ground.
"There. Eat." And I did. I ate anything they threw on the ground. Not caring about the mess on the ground.

"Baby that's neglect. Abuse." Sam frowned.
"Its how I survived until I was 6." I sigh. "I started school and again, in boys cloths. Boy hair cut. Other kids made fun of me, not knowing what was going on at home. But there was one kid, Jamie. This sweet little boy." I teared up. "I regret making friends with him."
"Why?" He asked. "It sounded like you needed a friend."
"I did. I really did...but my parents didn't like him." I frown. "I was only 7. I didn't understand. I was at his house to l pay and I told his mum everything." He tensed.

"Here sweetie." I looked up at the friendly woman. I sat on the floor and she gave me a confused look. "Why are you on the floor sweetie."
"My parents said I'm not allowed to sit at the table." I say and she looked at me and shook her head and handed me the plate. I looked at it and then up at her. I picked up the plate and tipped the food on the floor. She looked upset and shocked. I handed her the plate and she took it, watching me carefully. I ate the food off the floor until she stopped me.
"No sweetie, that's dirty." She said and motioned me to get up.
"But its fine. I always eat like this. Mummy and daddy says all little girls eat like this." I say and she frowned at me.
"You got it all over your shirt. I better clean that." She said and went to take off my shirt and she gasped. She looked at the broses covering my ribs and arms. "Who did this?"
"Daddy said I was bad." I say and she cried. She grabbed a phone and left the room.

"She called the police." I frown. "Child services got involved. My parents where furious. They tried to cover it up." I teared up. "And they got away with it."

I looked up at the police man and he smiled at me.
"Hello sweetheart. Are you okay?" He asked. I smiled. My hair was longer and I wore a summer dress mummy got me. I nodded and he looked up at my parents. "I'd like to talk to you alone." They nodded and I sat by the window and saw Jamie walking down the street with his mum. I smiled and ran out, my mum yelling my name. I ran over and hugged Jamie. But he pushed me on the ground.
"My mummy got in trouble because of you." He yelled and cried. "Its your fault. My mums in trouble. I hate you."
I
"He was just a kid. He didn't understand." Sam said kissing my head.
"I know. But he was the only one I had. The only friend I had." I frown. "He hated me after that. He wouldn't talk to me and over time, he made fun of me too. Told the other kids what I did at his house. They called me a freak."
"Baby. No more. Your upset." He said sitting up.
"Things at home got worse." He shook his head. and he hugged me tightly.
"No more talking baby." He said rubbing my back but I pushed him back.
"I want to tell you this stuff." He frowned and nodded, pulling me into his lap. "After that, my parents where under the watch of child services for a year. Weekly visits and everything. School had to keep a record log of everything. When I turned 8...things got bad. The visits stopped and the nice girls cloths where took away from me and they went back to the way things where, plus a couple extra things." I sigh and Sam looked at me worried.

I sat in the basement, curled up alone, cold and hungry. The new marks covering my legs and arms. Burns on my feet and hands. I winced every move I did. I heard the door open and I looked up seeing my mum.
"I'm sorry. I promise to listen. I'm sorry." I say trying to get away. She sighed and put a bowl down and walked out. I looked over and took it. It was warm. I held it to me to keep warm. In the little light I saw it was soup. I slowly eat it trying to make the warmth last. I curl up and fell asleep.

"That was the nicest thing she did for me. Ever." I sigh and Sam frowned rocking me slightly. "They beat me, burn me, starve me...a couple days after I turned 9, Rosalie found me. She took me with her and helped me. Esme and Carlisle raised me and kept me safe. I'll always be grateful for what they did." I sigh and Sam kissed my head.
"Well I'm here to protect you now." I smiled and cuddled into him and he smiled, rubbing my back. "What happened to your parents?"
"I have no idea and I don't care." I smiled. and kissed his cheek making him hum happily. I giggled and he pulled me closer and kissed me gently before I slowly fell asleep, safe in Sam's arms.