13. Disturbances

Percy

I sat on the edge of my throne with my head in my hands. I had ordered my soldiers to move out and do their duties so that I could think in peace. 

I knew Nico too well. The monsters that I had sent to intercept him and capture Atlas failed to report back to me, so I knew that my cousin had already met the Titan. Then the two of them probably recruited some Olympians that I had killed, and are marching towards the Doors of Death. 

I growled in frustration. I knew I could take the Olympians again, but Nico has been raising an army against me. I feared for my soldier's safety, for their lives. They all mean a lot to me, like a family. 

I was broken out of my thoughts by a soft but firm hand on my shoulder. I lifted my head and without looking at the person said "Hello, beautiful." 

Long, black hair tickled my face as the person beside me pressed their lips lightly against my cheek. I chuckled and I reached up, twining my fingers through the persons' hair. 

"You're thinking too much, Percy dear." Zoe Nightshade gripped my face and tilted it towards her. I stared into her volcanic black eyes, and I sighed and shook my head. "Thinking is essential in war." 

"I've heard that before you weren't very.... into thinking." Zoe moved from my side to climb onto my lap. Her long, slim legs encircled around my waist as she placed her hands on my chest.

"My damn cousin is just stressing me out. I can't even track his movements, his plans, anything. Fucking Tartarus. Makes it easier if he just dies in there." I muttered, shifting so that I had my back against the throne.

"But wouldn't you want to kill him yourself, my King?" The ex-huntress murmured, sliding her hands underneath my shirt to trace the outline of my muscles. I smiled bitterly as I wrapped my arms around Zoe. "Possibly. I couldn't care less about who kills Nico. As long as he's out of the way." 

Zoe hummed in thought as she pulled her hands out from underneath my shirt and placed them at the back of my head. She pulled my face towards hers so that our noses were touching. When she spoke, her hot breath tickled my skin.

"You should've kept tabs on the demigods who died, my love." My eyes narrowed,  but before I could say anything Zoe pressed her lips against mines. It took me about 2 seconds for me to realize what was happening before I returned the kiss, tightening my hold on my Queen's waist. 

We broke apart for air after a while and Zoe smiled coyly, putting one hand on the side of my face. "Come on. You can worry about your cousin later. I hate seeing you like this." 

I paused for a moment before I finally nodded in agreement. Zoe's eyes twinkled and she got up, sliding off of my lap to stand in front of me. She held her hand out and I reached out, grabbing her hand before she pulled me to my feet with surprising strength.

I chuckled and allowed Zoe to drag me out of the throne room, putting aside my worries about my annoying cousin.

Nico

"Athena, wait!" I yelled, but I was interrupted by Apollo and Atlas jumping down after the Goddess of Battle Strategy and War. Artemis left my side to jump down after her twin, her hunting knives in her hands. 

Hades grabbed my arm, his dark eyes suddenly very bright. "Let's go help them, my son. Don't worry, I won't let you die." I swallowed nervously, casting a look at the battlefield. The four immortals were decimating the monsters, turning them into golden dust.

I nodded and Hades jumped over the ridge, pulling me with him. We landed heavily on the field, just as a hellhound lunged at me, teeth bared. I had no time to draw my sword, but there was a sudden movement and a wail told me that the hellhound had been killed. 

I looked behind me to see Hades holding his sword, his eyes narrowed. "Watch your back, Nico. I can't have my only son dying on me." I hastily pulled my sword out of it's sheath, and Hades nodded in approval. 

Together, my father and I cut through the monsters like they were butter. Golden dust covered my hair and clothes, until we met up with other four immortals in the middle of the plain. 

"This isn't so bad." Atlas muttered, wiping sweat off his brow. His spearhead was completely covered in monster dust and blood. Artemis' eyes narrowed suspiciously, tightening her grip on her knives. "No, Annabeth and Perseus encountered Tartarus himself. Well, a form of the Primordial anyways. Who's to say we won't?" 

Apollo opened his mouth, but before he could say anything, the ground rumbled underneath our feet. I staggered, but Hades was quick to grab hold of me to steady me. The ground continued to shake, and I watched the remaining monsters retreat, standing in some sort of line at the other end of the field. 

"You spoke too soon, Artemis." Athena growled, raising her spear and shield. I took a step back as the rumbling stopped. Hades put his arm out, forcing me behind him as he brandished his sword. 

The shadows in front of us thickened, swirling around until they formed the shape of a huge, hulking man bigger than Atlas. The hulking man didn't have a face, only a swirling vortex of darkness. 

"Holy fucking Hades!" Apollo yelled at the sight of the man. My father gave the Sun God a fierce glare, and Apollo shrunk back a little. 

"Tartarus." Atlas spat, looking at the hulking form of a man in front of us. Tartarus didn't say anything for a moment before his voice echoed inside my head, scaring the shit out of me. 

Judging from the other's reaction, Tartarus invaded their minds as well as he did to me. 

"What do we have here?" He said mockingly. It took all of my effort and willpower not to flinch as his words bounced around in my mind. 

"We have.......Let's see. We have a demigod, four Gods, and......oh! We have a Titan! What are you doing here, Atlas?" Atlas shook his head before glaring at the form of the Primordial God. "What do you think? Perseus Jackson allied himself with half of the Primordial-" Atlas stopped, his face paling drastically. 

"What is it?" Athena asked after she saw the horrified look on the Titan's face. Laughter suddenly echoed in my brain, and I cringed, putting my hands on my head. 

"Atlas here finally seemed to realize the predicament you all are in right now." Tartarus clicked his tongue with amusement. "You do know that I was one of the Primordials to bless Perseus Jackson? I helped him, helped him to get revenge against you stupid, prideful Olympians. And look where you all are right now. IN MY DOMAIN." 

Athena grew as pale as a sheet as Tartarus spoke. I looked around to see Artemis, Apollo, and even my father grow pale as well. "I know everything young Perseus wishes. He wishes to see you all destroyed once more, and Atlas imprisoned."

Tartarus turned his face towards me, and I imagined a cruel smirk being directed right at me. "And he wants you killed and out of his way, Nico Di Angelo."

"Nothing is going to happen to my son!" Hades roared, forcing me back a couple of steps as he pointed his sword at the Primordial God. Tartarus tilted his head, which looked terrifying since he didn't exactly have a face. 

"That is not for you to decide." 

Word count: 1296

oh look i'm going to be late for school again. 

im also really upset because i fucked up on a science test and got exactly 50%.