23. Discussions

Phoebe 

I stood with the other demigods and demi-titans of Percy's army in the middle of the throne room. Percy had called all of us, and I knew that whatever he was going to say was going to be important. 

Percy appeared out of thin air to sit down on his throne, a troubled look on his face. Zoe was already sitting on her throne, waiting for her King to arrive. 

Once Percy had sat down, Ethan and Octavian addressed him. "We're all here, my Lord. What's the problem?" Ethan asked, bowing slightly to Percy with respect evident in his eyes. 

I rolled my eyes at how Ethan was trying to hard to suck up to the King of Olympus. Someone elbowed me in the ribs and I glanced to my right to see Crystal, the daughter of Oceanus, shaking her head at me. 

I sighed before putting my full attention on Percy, who was addressing all of the members of his army. 

"My scouts and spies have returned to me to tell me that my cousin and the newly revived Gods and Goddesses are planning to launch their final attack on Olympus tomorrow morning." 

I stiffened slightly at that announcement. All throughout yesterday night and today, I'd been thinking about whether or not to ditch Percy and join the rebel army. I hated how Percy ruled, how he treats other people as merely slaves to attend to his every command. 

But I knew that I still owe something to the former son of Poseidon. He had, after all, brought me back to life and given me a second chance. He helped me hone my skills so that I was as strong as I was back then before I died. 

"They won't be much trouble, they have a death wish." Alex said and his twin brother, Jake, nodded in agreement. "If they really want a fight, we'll give them one!" Alex lit his fists on fire to prove his point. 

Percy ran a hand through his hair before Zoe leaned over and grabbed his hand, lacing his fingers with hers. "Don't stress to much over this, my King. We can destroy them again, especially if you're out there on the battlefield with us." 

Percy's mouth twisted into a scowl and he said "I'm sorry to say this, but I won't be joining you all on the battlefield. I'm going to remain here, in the castle. This is because I have a feeling that they're attacking on purpose to create a diversion." 

"What diversion?" Jessica asked, frowning slightly. Percy glanced out at the window before he answered "I know Nico will try to also rescue the prisoners I have in Olympus. I'm staying behind to intercept him and make sure he doesn't achieve his goal." 

"Are you sure you'll be fine by yourself? Do you want backup?" Octavian questioned, looking at his King with some sort of concern. Percy smiled faintly before gently removing his hand from Zoe's grasp and rising to his feet. 

"I'll be fine, thank you for asking. Can I trust that you all can handle the rebel army?" I watched as the demigods and demi-titans in the room all scoffed and nodded in unison, earning a proud grin from Percy. 

"That's good to see. I thank you all for remaining loyal, for always having my back. You're all like family to me." The King of Olympus glanced at Zoe, who was silent throughout most of the interaction Percy had with his army. 

"My Queen? Is there something you want to add?" The ex-hunter looked surprised that Percy was talking to her before she laughed and waved a hand. "No, nothing that you haven't said."

He looked at her for a moment before turning to gaze at the demigods and demi-titans assembled in front of him. Silence echoed throughout the throne room, but it was interrupted by Percy who said "You all are dismissed." 

Everyone started to file out, and I was going to follow them when Percy called "Phoebe. Stay back for a bit." 

I glanced at him, and I saw that he had sat back down on his throne, his eyes piercing into me. Zoe was also staring at me, and I sensed a hint of suspicion from my former sister. 

Swallowing, I nodded before waiting as the rest of Percy's army left the throne room. Once everyone had filed out, Percy flicked his wrist and the doors to the throne room swung shut, closing me in with the King and Queen of Olympus. 

"Is there anything troubling you?" Percy asked, leaning back in his throne and crossing his arms against his chest. "You can always be honest with me, you know that already." 

I paused, awkwardly shifting my bow onto my shoulder. I knew Percy and Zoe were onto me, and I knew that they knew I was having second thoughts about joining the army.

"Uh, not really, my Lord. I'm just concerned about your cousin and-" Percy's eyes flashed, his pupils turning pitch black. I stopped, my hand gripping the shaft of the bow slung over my back in fear.

"I'm going to repeat myself one more time." The demigod hissed, shadows coiling around his legs. "Is there anything troubling you?"

There was no way I was going to say that I wanted to leave the army and go join Nico's. If I said that, Percy would 100% execute me. My gaze landed on Zoe, but the black haired woman simply continued to stare at me in silence. 

"No, my Lord." I forced out, trying to avoid looking at Percy directly. "There's nothing troubling me, I'm positive."  

Percy's eyes narrowed before the shadows vanished and his pupils returned back to it's original colour. "If you say so." He said simply before snapping his fingers. The huge double doors glided open, and I hastily bowed before practically sprinting over to the doors. 

But before I could leave, Percy said quietly "I know what you're thinking, Phoebe. I know exactly what you want to do. And if you do it, then trust me, you'll face a fate worse than death." 

I didn't stick around for much longer after he had threatened me. I dashed down the hallway, earning startled and shocked looks from the mortal servants around the castle, before bursting out through the front doors of Olympus. 

I sat down on the steps, pulling my bow off of my shoulder and putting it on the ground beside me. I buried my face in my hands, breathing hard, my heart thudding against my ribcage. 

There's no simple argument. There's no need to argue with me on the matter. 

Percy is a monster. 

Word count: 1105

Shorter chapter than usual, don't have much time nowadays, whoops

oh, and I'll be wrapping up this story soon. the last few chapters will have a lot of action, so be ready :)