25. Confusion

Percy

I stood in the middle of the archery range, my bow in my hands. I smirked as I remembered Clarisse and Nico's terrified and confused faces as I told them I was going to let them go. 

"In all honesty, I was just too lazy to capture them and imprison them somewhere. I'll do that when the whole rebel army is destroyed." I lifted my bow and fired an arrow at the nearest target. 

The arrow struck the bullseye, and I shot another arrow, watching as it split the first one in half. I lowered the bow before it disappeared in front of my eyes. Before I could shoot another one, I sensed several people approaching me. 

I willed the bow to disappear before turning to look as Alex and Jake, accompanied by Crystal, walked towards me, frowns on their faces. I waited patiently for them to stop in front of me until I spoke. 

"What's the issue now?" Crystal gripped the hilt of her sword angrily, anger flashing in her eyes. "That stupid son of Jupiter decided to mock me! I was this close to cutting his head off!" 

"Then why didn't you?" I asked, smirking slightly as the question threw the daughter of Oceanus off guard. Crystal's eyes widened slightly before she stuttered "Uh-Uh, I couldn't. Wasn't it part of your orders to leave the slaves alive?" 

I chuckled as I put my hands into my pockets. "Calm down. I was just teasing you." Crystal looked confused before her mouth parted into an "O" shape. 

Alex cleared his throat and dropped into a bow as I looked at him. "My Lord, why did you send Jake and I off so quickly? Has something happened?" 

My lips curved into a small, barely noticeable smirk. "No. I just heard something and I went to investigate. Turns out one of the slaves dropped one of their buckets of water." 

"Should I go punish them, My Lord?" Crystal asked, her eyes flashing with determination. "I could-" "No punishment is needed." I said, interrupting the blue haired girl. "I was feeling lenient at the time." 

Alex and Jake exchanged incredulous looks, probably thinking about I  must be in such a good mood to let the said slave off with no punishment. I put my hand briefly over my mouth to cover a growing grin at their confusion. 

"Uh...... If you insist, My Lord." Crystal said, looking slightly worried. I pulled my hands out of my pockets and crossed my arms over my chest. "Is that the only concern you three have? I was in the middle of training." 

The three demi-titans glanced at the archery range before they quickly nodded, turning away and walking briskly back towards Olympus. I exhaled slowly and was about to resume my training when I spotted a glimpse of someone in the garden behind Olympus.

I narrowed my eyes and grimaced as I saw the familiar ginger hair of Phoebe. The ex-hunter was sitting down near the flowerbeds, staring at something in her hands. 

In all honesty, I never expected Phoebe to have second thoughts about joining my army as a spy.  I knew she wanted to leave Elysium when I went and talked to her. I guess when I punished some of the Gods and demigods, Phoebe started to think differently of me. 

But she shouldn't. If she was loyal, then she would be happy and proud like everyone else in my army. I adverted my gaze from the ex-hunter and looked back at the archery range. 

In the end, I convinced myself that I wouldn't make a move until Phoebe had clearly chosen a side. And I had a good idea of what side she would choose. 

Nico

"So he just let you two go. Just like that." Hades said after Clarisse and I had told them what happened when we went to go and see the prisoners/slaves.