18. Preparing

Clarisse

I watched as Hades came back into the room after he had whisked himself and Nico away. "Where's Nico?" I asked as Hades sat back down on his chair. "He's asleep. He's pushing himself way too hard." 

"I'm proud of him." Will said, smiling to himself. "He's managed to escape Tartarus, and he's saved Artemis, Apollo, Athena, Atlas and Hades as well." 

"I admit he's awfully brave." Artemis said as she twirled a hunting knife between her fingers. She opened her mouth to continue speaking when she heard Atlas' voice echo from the training room. 

"HOLY FUCK WOMAN CALM DOWN, YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE ME FADE!" "WELL I'M SORRY, YOU ALMOST STABBED ME FIRST!" Athena yelled back and the sound of metal clashing on metal reached the ears of the demigods and immortals sitting in the main room. 

Apollo raised an eyebrow before he chuckled and jumped up from his seat. His bow appeared in his hand and he sprinted towards the training room, shouting "WAIT FOR MEEEE." 

"Immature." Artemis sighed, shaking her head. But a small smile had appeared on her face. "Shall we join them?" Hades asked, rising from his seat. His cloak melted away to reveal a black pinstriped suit. Artemis paused for a moment before she nodded, standing up as well. 

The two immortals walked towards the training room, joining Apollo, Athena and Atlas. 

"I want to watch them fight. Actually, want to have a friendly spar?" Will asked as he kicked his chair back. I glanced at him before I smiled slyly. "Of course." 

Will and I approached the training room to see Athena and Atlas already engaged in battle. They were doing a deadly dance as Atlas jabbed his sword at Athena's ribs, but the Goddess blocked his attack and kicked him in the chest. 

Atlas slid back a few steps before he charged her again. While the two of them were fighting, Artemis and Apollo were facing Hades. "Two on one? Not that bad, I suppose." Hades mused before shadows surged around him. 

Artemis drew her hunting knives while Apollo stayed back with his bow out, aimed at his uncle. Hades waited patiently until Artemis struck, darting forwards so quick her form was a blur. 

I drew my electric spear, watching Will who was standing in front of me. Instead of drawing his bow like I thought he would, he drew a simple celestial bronze sword. I raised an eyebrow at the new choice of weaponry from the son of Apollo. 

"Going for a new fighting style?" I asked with a small smile as I slammed the butt of my spear onto the ground. Will chuckled as he edged one foot back slightly behind the other. He brushed his hair out of eyes as he nodded. "Yeah. Sure, I love archery and using a bow and all that, but I felt the need to also train myself to fight in close combat." 

"I approve." I said with a grin. "Well then, Solace. Let's see how good you are with that sword of yours." 

"Hey, take it a little easy, alright? I just started using this thing." Will tightened his grip on the hilt of the sword before nodding at me to start the match. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Artemis furiously battling her uncle. Apollo was on the sidelines, watching the match with his bow out, trying to find an opening to engage. 

Focusing my attention back on Will, I took several steps towards him, keeping my spear pointed at him. Will watched my every move, his blue eyes studying me intently. Finally, I put on a burst of speed and lunged at Will. 

I jabbed at his side but Will saw it coming. He swung his sword, blocking my attack before shoving me back. I stumbled back but quickly recovered, bringing my spear in front of me once more. 

"Not bad." I said. "Not bad for a beginner." "I'll take that as a compliment, thanks." Will smiled brightly before dashing at me without warning. He slashed at my chest but I jumped to the side, missing Will's attack by inches. 

He overbalanced and staggered forwards, but I waited until he had regained his balance. "I really need to practice more." Will grumbled as he pivoted to face me. 

"Don't put too much power into attacks that are easily avoidable." I explained. "If you do, then you'll overbalance like you just did right now. If your opponent sees you making that mistake, then it leaves them an easy opening to kill you." 

"Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind." Will said, looking a little pale. I nodded before hearing Atlas roar in pain. I whirled around to see Athena's spear sticking out of his abdomen. The Wisdom Goddess was staring in shock at what she had done before she started to laugh instead of being concerned for Atlas. 

"AHAAHAHAHA! BEAT THAT, I WON YOU FILTHY TITAN!" Atlas growled as he stood up, pulling Athena's spear out of his chest and throwing it aside. "You cheated, you wh-" "Both of you, shut up!" Artemis snarled as she jumped back to avoid an uppercut from Hades. 

The Moon Goddess was breathing hard, sweat running down her face. Hades solidified in front of her, studying his niece with a curious look. The Lord of the Underworld didn't seem tired at all. 

Altas grumbled something before picking up Athena's spear and tossing it back to her. The Wisdom Goddess caught it and the spear disappeared into thin air along with her shield. 

"I think it's enough training for today." Hades said, smoothing down his rumpled shirt. A black cloak appeared around his shoulders, and he turned his back on Artemis, who scowled. "I need to talk to Nico about something." 

"What? I barely got to fight!" Apollo complained as his bow disappeared. "That's your problem, you didn't even bother to help me!" Artemis snapped at her twin. "Well that's because you clearly had everything under control!" 

"No I didn't!" 

I chuckled before glancing at Will. The son of Apollo smiled at me before sheathing his sword. "Thanks for the practice today, Clarisse." 

"No problem. You'll get better soon, trust me. You'll become a great swordsman one day." I said. Will gave me a small, sad smile at my words. "I hope so. I need to protect everyone from Percy."

I tensed slightly at that name. I was trying hard to forget that we're currently in a war against the son of Poseidon. 

Let me correct that. Former son of Poseidon.

Will saw me stiffen and he walked up to me before placing a hand on my shoulder. "Forget I said anything. Let's go back to the main room and see if there's anything to eat. I'm starving." 

"Me too." I said, and allowed Will to lead me out of the training room and back into the main room where the other demigods were. 

I sat down at the long dining table and watched the demigods move around the main room. I sighed at how few of us survived Percy's attack on Olympus. I stared at the table and curled my fingers into a fist. 

This time, Percy won't win. 

Word count: 1211

Hey guys, I'm back after like.....two, three months. Sorry about the long wait, school's been an ass lately. 

Aha, school's always been an ass, what am I saying. 

But I apologize for the long wait, I hope I'll get back to my regular schedule of updating soon. :D