34. Time

Nico

I clenched my fists as I saw the multiple deep gashes that Percy had made on Will's arm drip blood onto the marble floor. I caught my boyfriend's eyes, and I snapped "Leave him alone, Percy! Your fight is with me!" 

My cousin sighed and turned to face me again, the blade of his scythe now covered in Will's blood. 

He took several steps towards me, his eyes like daggers piercing into my soul. "So are you asking me to punish you instead of your sweet Will?" 

I lowered my gaze slightly, trying to avoid looking at Will's face directly. "Yes, that's what I'm asking. He doesn't deserve any of this! What has he done to you?!" 

Percy's expression darkened and his hand lashed out, grabbing me by my hair and roughly yanking my head up. I couldn't stop a pained gasp from escaping my lips. 

"You're seriously telling me that Will Solace has done absolutely nothing to me? Nothing at all?"

I was about to answer, but cried out as Percy tightened his grip on my hair. "Well, then I'll answer your question. He killed my girlfriend, Di Angelo. He killed the love of my life. And for that, he will suffer for it." 

Before Will or I could say anything, a cool voice echoed down the hallway. "Will didn't kill the bitch without help." 

My eyes widened in shock and relief as I saw Clarisse and another ginger haired female standing in front of us, both of them covered in blood. They both looked exhausted, but had tensed the instant they had seen Percy. 

Percy growled something under his breath before releasing his grip on my hair. I sank back down onto my knees, trembling. "More interruptions?" 

His eyes landed on the ginger haired girl next to Clarisse, and I saw surprise flicker across his face for a split second before it vanished. A cold smile appeared at the corners of his mouth. "My, what do we have here? Phoebe, you would turn against me? After everything I did for you?"

I stared at the ginger haired girl in disbelief. I remembered the first time I had met Phoebe, and that was when I was first introduced to the world of demigods and Gods. 

I knew she had died, her soul had been sent straight to Elysium. So how in the world was she here? Unless.....

Phoebe confirmed my thoughts by saying "Yes, you did bring me back to life and helped me for several years to hone my skills, but I know what you truly are. You're a monster. You slaughter thousands of innocent people just for fun, and you hurt people who really didn't deserve to be hurt." 

Percy's eyes narrowed as shadows emerged from the ground underneath his feet, crawling towards Phoebe and Clarisse. "If you didn't approve of what I did, you could just tell me and perhaps I might have listened." 

Clarisse snorted and pointed her spear at the King of Olympus. "Might have listened. You wouldn't have changed anything anyways if Phoebe did say something."

Percy tightened his grip on his scythe, his eyes turning pitch black. "Do you remember what I told you, Phoebe, if you were to turn against us?"

The ex-huntress swallowed, but her expression remained impassive and determined. "Yes, I do. But we aren't going down without a fight." Percy grinned as the shadows at his feet shot towards the two girls, coiling around their ankles and knees. 

Clarisse gave a shout and thrust her electric spear against the shadow tendril holding her down, making it dissolve into thin air. Phoebe drew two silver hunting knives and sliced through the shadows around her ankles and knees, before charging towards Percy.