REKINDLED Part 7

She said, I think that fifty invitations are good for my people, how about you?" He replied, "Yeah fifty will be plenty for my friends. Is Rathdrum Community Church a good place to hold the services?" She thought a moment, and reasoned; " it's big enough, the pastor would be fine with it and we could hold the reception in the large fellowship hall. But I will have to call right away so we can be sure of the date." He said, I'll be in charge of getting the invitation cards and you can ask the Minister if he will officiate." "Done", she replied, " This is going swimmingly".

They sat on the couch and kissed and talked about their schedule for the next two weeks, while she was on vacation. "Once we get all our planning done and mail out the cards, and reconcile with our folks, I think we should spend some time in Greenridge. There's some good people there I'd like you to meet." he offered. She heartily agreed, saying " I've got to apologize to Erlene, I may have gotten her in trouble." "That won't be a problem" he explained, " Erlene will be ecstatic that you and I have decided to tie the knot, she was rooting for us to get together from the first. She even helped me to find you again." "Through the credit card slip", she guessed. "Bingo", he said.

"I almost forgot the dress", she said absent-mindedly, "Could we go shopping for me a Wedding Dress today?" "Mademoiselle, I will accompany you to obtain your Nuptial Trousseau", he said in his Hercule Poirot' voice. She said, "is there a voice you don't do?" "Well, I'm still working on Gilbert Gottfried, would you like to hear what I've got so far?" She quickly interjected, "NO, I'm good". She kissed him to shut him up, she was finding this to be a very useful dating tool.

They were in the try out area of a wedding store and Sarah was looking Tres'Chic in an off one shoulder Lady Diana type gown. She modeled it for Dale and he was enthusiastic, "Excellent choice and it has NO taffeta!" "We could have some sewn on", Sarah joked. "NO I'm good" he protested.

She tried on a more traditional full length, again with no taffeta. He said, "not bad, does this remind you of Four Weddings and a Funeral where Andy McDowell is trying out dresses and Hugh Grant is wise-cracking. She said, " I love that scene." She finally tried on a three quarter length with thin straps, shimmering sequins and just a hint of a train. He joked, "You better go back in the dressing room, there's an old guy out here who caught sight of you and he passed a kidney stone, but it's OK he has insurance." She remarked, "You're slipping, you're mixing Hugh Grant with John Goodman in Always." He said, "No I wasn't, the old guy is me." "Stop making me laugh", she ordered. "Yes Sir, Bridezilla, Ma'am." he barked. She completely broke up and had to sit down. He said, "That's the dress, even the ring-bearer is going to be hitting on you. By the way, aren't you supposed to let your girlfriends help you decide all this?" She remarked, "You have much better taste, and they have an affinity for Taffeta." It was his turn to laugh.

He went up to pay for the gown, but she said, "Let me get this, I don't really need to buy this gown, but I just love the way you see me in it." He said, "I do like it on you, and I am only getting married once in this life, so I have an idea. Why don't we go halves on it. You have never looked lovelier than you do now and I want to see you in it on our wedding day." She agreed and the deal was done. "We just can't seem to find anything to fight about. This is spooky", he kidded, "OK, I've got it, this is sure to provoke a fight. I don't want to wear a monkey suit at our wedding. Tuxes make a wedding look grotesque, with all the cumerbunds and uniform-like consistency. Bridesmaids cookie cutter dresses don't bother me so much, but I can't go wearing tuxedos. I don't want to look like a Penguin at our most important social event". She smiled and said, "This is spooky, I don't like the cookie-cutter look at weddings either. You wear what you are comfortable in, I think you look great in that Bomber jacket and blue tie. I can just see us at the altar and I think you would look good in it." And if I have any bridesmaids they can wear what they feel comfortable in." He looked astounded, and said, "I KNEW there was some excellent reasons why I love you and am marrying you, and this one is right up there." "Oh, one more thing",she mentioned and it may cause a fight, I want you to wear a cummerbund of Taffeta ... KIDDING." He started to break up with laughter and had to sit down beside her.