REKINDLED Part 15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Before he knew it, it was time for lunch. He picked Sarah up and asked if she wanted to go to Dingbats Diner. She looked a little lonely and asked, "Could we go somewhere where we could cuddle? I'm suffering withdrawal pains without you." He said, "sure Babe, is there a lonely mountain road around close? We could establish a Park-N-Spark of our own." She thought and then said, " take the next left up on Summit road. There's some forest roads that turn off from it." He asked, "What about Log Trucks?" She said, "there's some turn-offs on some of them." He got on Summit road and turned left off a graveled forest road that didn't look like Log Trucks had used it recently. Just out of eyesight there was a real wide spot that overlooked a little canyon with a stream running down it. He kissed her and said, "I decree this to be Summit road Park-N-Spark." She grinned, "I needed that." They cuddled and made small talk. She admitted, " I feel a little silly, but I have never had a romance like this in my life. I feel lonesome without you." He replied, " I was feeling a little lost without you while I was train-watching awhile ago. I missed you and the golden oldies and the dancing. You've changed my whole life. What a couple of pathetic lovesick puppies." She laughed and held him very close. "I'm feeling better now", she admitted. "You know, we missed our chance, I should have stopped for take-out food on the way up and we could have ate lunch up here", he said.

Finally, she said, "Let's start back, we've just got time to get fast food and eat on our way back to the clinic. My hunger for food is almost equaling my hunger for you. We only had a doughnut this morning." He laughed, "If we keep going to rough road Park-N-Spark, I'm going to have to trade your Camry in on a four-wheeler truck. Besides, here pretty quick, the extra room might come in handy." She said, "Let's do it, I think I could get top dollar for my Camry." He said, "What a babe, though I'll have my truck up here soon. And that Camry gets good gas mileage." He drove back down Summit, then back on the main drag and she pointed out a decent fast food place. They whipped in and got a burger, fries and chicken strips to go, with a large chocolate shake. She wanted to share.

They wolfed the food down and finished it in her parking space with the beautiful song 'Gypsy' by Stevie Nicks playing in the background. "Can you carry me in, I think I ate too much", she jokingly begged. He smiled and warned, "Could lead to dancing." She kissed him passionately, and he complained, "You're making my parts ache." She laughed and then looked in his eyes, "How is it possible that you're not married already?" He gave her the Deer-in-the-Headlights look and said softly, "I could ask you the same question." She got out and said, "Don't be late, I need some 'US' time right after work." He said, "Five O'clock on the dot, sweet song of my soul." Petula Clark was singing her achingly sad song about parting , Kiss Me Goodbye, in the background. She said, "And turn off that song, it's killing me." He grinned, "It's making my allergies kick up again, sniff." She disappeared behind the door and he went to get some photo paper for his printer for her surprise photos from the Wedding. He also picked up a large capacity thumb drive to put her play lists on. He knew she was going to enjoy her presents. He had some coffee and asked an old-timer about the area. He got some good information about logging roads and building permits.

He got over to the clinic right on time and his Light'O'love came bouncing out the door, smiling at him. She got in and hung on him like a coat of paint. "Do you want Pizza tonight?" she asked. He said, "Sounds good, you want me to stop somewhere?" She got on the phone and ordered a big combo at Palomino's Pizza. She pointed right, " Turn in there". He turned into the drive thru and they were second in line. He used the time to kiss her continuously. She said, "I used to be a cold fish and didn't like public displays of affection. Now I figure what you do in your car waiting for Pizza, as long as it doesn't involve producing children, is your business." She took over kissing him and he smiled and asked, "I wonder what the gossip is going to be?"