01 - Her Eyes

A/N: Hit the star button at the end! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. I've been working on this book for as long as I can remember, so I can't stress how excited I am to share it. Stay tuned to see the rest of Paige's journey. 

...

If I could give you one thing in life,

I would give you the ability to see the world through my eyes.

Only then

would you realize how special

you are to me.

As Mrs Price wrote the idiotically cliche poem on the board, Brandon and I took turns throwing quarters into Travis Ryder's backpack. Brandon was totally winning; I had almost hit Travis in the head twice now. We had probably gotten five bucks in change in there by now.

I took a second glance at the board and smiled at the way the words sounded in my head. I itched to write the words down, even though it pained me to say it, but I knew that Brandon would totally tease me about it.

The words were too in love with the idea of love. The last thing I wanted was for Jared to see the world through my eyes. Like last week, when we were having sex just like every other Sunday night.

I went over to his house, hoping we could talk, but not surprised when I realized he only wanted sex. I brought supper and we scarfed it down silently, barely making eye contact. And the second the dishes were done, we practically clawed each other's clothes off as we ran up the stairs.

I blushed as I imagine his hands running from my ankle up to my hip bone, hoping Brandon wouldn't see the rose color of my cheeks. I missed Travis' backpack and the coin made a sharp noise as it hit the ground. I grimaced and prayed that Mrs Price hadn't heard. She must have been extra invested in today's lesson because she didn't even stop to turn around.

It wasn't a secret that Jared and I had lost our spark. I mean, the sex was great, but he might as well be a stranger. No one wanted to say it out loud, but all of our friends were just waiting for something to blow up between us. But we had been together since we were thirteen. Jared was my rock, my comfort zone. I can't imagine the empty feeling that would follow ever losing him.

But when he had me in a bed—it practically made me forget about the rest of our entire dull relationship. We got up to his bedroom and even though we were the only ones home, he locked the door behind us. Fast enough to make my head spin, he had our clothes off and strewn across his room.

He laid me down beneath him on the bed, trapping me between his arms on either side of my head as he peppered me in kisses. As much as I wanted to deny it, Jared always made up for his lack of skills outside the bedroom when he had my clothes off.

I could taste the mint of the gum he was chewing. His weight pressed between my legs, and in no time at all he had stolen my breath. I wove a hand through his blonde hair because I knew that it drove him crazy. And god his body; every muscle rippled beneath my touch.

He would moan my name in my ear as he rocked his hips against mine, "Paige..."

He took his hand and snaked it around my thigh, wrapping my legs around his bare torso. I sucked in a breath as he-.

"Miss Miller! I'm sorry to disturb you, but I'd love if you could contribute to the class discussion," Mrs Price sneered. Her nostrils flared and her grey hair bobbed in her twitchy anger.