24

A/N: My apologies for the wait! I've had so much going on lately that I didn't want to make a commitment that I couldn't hold up. Comment who your favorite character is! Next update Thursday (28).

...

7 days - post fight

Marlee wasn't in position. I couldn't get out of the zone, so the other team scored.

Simon wasn't at school all week. I cried in the bathroom and went home early.

The only time that I could turn my brain off and stop thinking about him was when I was skating. So I skated, harder than I ever have in my life. I saw Mack in the stands, talking to Drake and Brandon. But my mind wasn't on my plans after the game, or what Mack would say about how I played.

My mind was on the game that was my only release from the hell that my life had suddenly become. Not only did I have to look Jared in the face and pretend that I didn't want to kill him for what he did to Simon, but I had to watch him try and fail to hide the feelings he clearly had for Kristina.

Before I got home from Boston, I thought it was only the sex that he was looking for with her, but now that I caught all of the glances and the hushed conversations between the two of them in the halls, it was obvious that he wasn't just trying to be a complete douchebag.

But I had no idea what Simon and Kristina's relationship was like right now because he wouldn't even answer my texts. I convinced Alex to go talk to him at his trailer, but I only wanted to know that he was okay. I trusted Simon and I wasn't going to invade the privacy he deserves.

I ruined everything, admitting my stupid, unwanted feelings for him.

After I left Simon on the plane, I called Moira and Ashlee to come get me from the airport. I walked all the way around to the opposite door that Simon would have taken. There was no way that I could look at him after he had found out about Aiden and I.

And the second that I was in Ashlee's arms, I fell apart. It felt like my entire life was crumbling around me and there was nothing that I could do to stop it. Without Simon, everything seemed a little less beautiful.

I couldn't stay mad at Alex for long; as much as I hated him for not letting me tell Simon about Jared on my own terms, I was going to tell him anyways. Alex just sped along the process.

The more time I spent in Kristina's presence, the more I wanted to strangle her. There was almost no way that she was going to find it in her cold heart to come clean to Simon. But there was no way that he would believe anything I said now—I was probably just a crazy fangirl to him by now.

The only thing that I had to look forward to, the only thing that I could hold on to while the rest of my life threw up in my face, was my team. If I wasn't at practice, I was at the gym. The adrenaline, the blood pumping in my ears, it was the only that that would take the pain away.

"Paige your forecheck is amazing today—"

"I think going to Boston went straight to her head," Devon called from the opposite end of the bench.

I laughed, but it was humourless. I've always tried to keep an upbeat attitude on the bench, but I couldn't find it in myself today. I smiled enough at my friends to get them off my back, but other than that I just focused on my game.

Afterwards, I had about five minutes of relief while I was still riding off my high before Simon occupied my entire mind. I undressed in less than a minute and I barely said a word before I left. It was rude, and I knew I would have to explain myself the next time I saw the team or when one of them texted me later, but right now all I wanted was to get home and try to distract myself.