22

A/N: Hope you guys are still loving the story! I can't wait to hear what you think will happen next. So much drama! Next update out Saturday (16).

...

When I woke up, the familiar feeling of tangled limbs brought me back to the present. I was still wearing clothes, Simon was still asleep beside me, our relationship wasn't completely ruined.

That dream had left my skin tingling, my toes curled, and my brain fuzzy. I don't think I've ever experienced so many emotions without even being conscious. But the part that really stole my breath away was that it had seemed so, so real. Even now, looking at Simon's face, I could still hear the noises that he had made when—

I needed a cold shower. I needed five cold showers.

Hoping that I could let Simon sleep a little while longer, I untangled myself from his arms and escaped to the washroom. I could only pray that my dream was entirely in my head and I hadn't woken him up by screaming his name. That would be pretty hard to explain.

Simon had a girlfriend. He's my best friend. He's by ex's best friend. If I keep telling myself all of this, then maybe I'll be convinced by the time I get out of the shower. I had grabbed a random outfit from my suitcase, not even noticing the yellow note on it until now.

Thought you might need to dress up a bit for a meeting or something. I wore this to my college interview - Ashlee.

This girl should drop out of school and be my personal designer. Even though I could tell that the outfit was pretty formal considering I was just wandering around town by myself, it couldn't hurt to look good in case I ran into someone from the university. I set it on the counter and scrolled through my phone for a second. I cringed the second I opened my messages.

I had no doubt that there was a homicide planned for me when I got home

I had no doubt that there was a homicide planned for me when I got home. I felt like such an idiot, calling Moira when I should have been able to handle it myself.

I didn't hear anything while I was in the shower, but when I came out dressed and ready to walk Simon back to his room, he was already gone. I looked around for a note, but I came up empty handed. I even checked the phone that I held in my hand, but the only notifications I had were from my parents.

Was he mad at me? He might be angry about Jared hitting me, but that didn't justify him leaving me high and dry. But he also had plans today, so he might have just been late.

I was overreacting, but it was because I still hadn't been completely honest with Simon. If I was in his place, I would want him to tell me everything that he knew. But I couldn't force myself to sell out Kristina; I knew I should have no problems betraying her, but I would be scared of doing it for my own benefit. If I ever did make a move on Simon, hypothetically, Kristina would be right there to accuse me of stabbing her in the back to get her out of the picture.