04 - Morning Good-looking

A/N: Thank you to my readers that have supported my story so far. You have no idea how much it means to me every time you leave a comment or vote for your favorite chapter.

...

I woke up to a phone going off. Simon groaned and rolled off the bed, kicking me on his way down. I grumbled and rolled over, taking all of the sheets with me.

The room glowed as Simon picked his phone up off the nightstand. It kept ringing so I threw a pillow in his general direction, but I doubt it even came close to hitting him.

"Kristina, it's two in the morning," he hissed, walking over to the bathroom. He turned the light on and I squinted my eyes. His naked outline, except for his navy blue boxer briefs, disappeared as he shut the door halfway.

I couldn't hear what Kristina said, but Simon didn't sound happy. "It would take me at least an hour to get there. Jared's house is only ten minutes from there. Why don't you try calling him?"

The phone got all squeaky and I could see Simon's face cringe in the mirror. This girl was the definition of a headache. I decided to get up and go to the bathroom since I was awake anyways. Throwing back the covers and hissing as the cold air hit my bare skin, I padded over to the bathroom.

"Text me when you get home safe. If Jared's coming—do you want me to—so you'll text m—hello?" I heard Simon whisper. Before I could knock on the already open door, Simon shut off the light and burst out of the bathroom. His eyes must have still been adjusting to the dark because he ran right into me.

He wrapped both arms around my waist so that I wouldn't fall backwards. I knew he was smirking, even though it was too dark to see. 

"Were you eavesdropping?" he asked in his raspy-half-asleep-voice. I stuttered for the right words. "I'm just kidding. Sorry I woke you up." He kissed my forehead and I heard him go back to bed. Damn it. He was totally going to steal the blankets before I got back.

~~~

I woke up before Simon in the morning, which was odd because he was the one that wanted to have breakfast with my parents. I had set my alarm for five so that I could shower and get dressed before I went to get the mail. I tried to roll out of bed without waking Simon up, but I stopped when I noticed his arm across my stomach. He had curled up into my side  and his hair had fallen messily around his face.

I stared at him for a bit, wishing that he could stay like this all day. He seemed so tired when he talked about Kristina and he had told me last night that he had to pick her up before his game.

Shit. I told him about Jared last night. I stumbled around for my thoughts, trying to grasp what his response had been.

Paige, you can't stay with him for anyone but yourself. Do what you need to do.

Oh thank god. He wasn't mad. Why did I think he was ever going to be mad? Simon was my rock, my therapist. He was basically the emotional part of the relationship that I lacked with Jared. I waited a couple more minutes before I rolled Simon the other way. He mumbled something and flopped onto his back.

I put my feet on the floor and grabbed my housecoat. Jared had always been hot. Like firefighter, olympic swimmer, NHL hockey player hot. But Simon was without a doubt just as attractive. I had to listen to Kristina tell the entire locker room all about Simon and what he looked like in bed. When Simon had rolled over, the sheets pooled around his waist, revealing his six-pack and the chain that never left his neck. Did Jared look that good when he was sleeping? He never let me stick around after sex long enough to find out.