C H A P T E R 6

RUDE AWAKENING

ARRAH

The hazy view and dancing lines cleared and revealed brilliant colors cast by the sun against my room. An afternoon well spent by personalizing my windows with pieces of cellophane cut to shapes and various forms. Humming, I hurriedly got out of bed and headed for the bathroom.

Life goes on. I was a reject but I am still worth it.

I am worth it.

Discarding my pajamas, I entered the shower and got out fresh and ready. I had to hurry or I would be late. Completing my usual routine in preparing for school, I dried my hair down. Dressed and feeling awesome, I sat down in front of my dresser to fix my hair. It has grown longer and I wondered when I last had it trimmed. While combing, the image in the mirror caught my attention.

Hot fudge and sundaes!

The iris of my left eye was blue. Looking closer, I noted that it was radiant blue with specks of silver. There was nothing wrong with my vision and it was in no way obstructed or foggy. It didn't hurt or feel uncomfortable, the color just changed.

Bursting out of my room, I screamed for my parents as I went down. I didn't get far and I need not scream louder for there were at least ten people gathered in the living room.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" Moving away from the group, my mom hurried to my side.

"Arrah, are you ok? A doctor's here. He can be of help," dad said.

Accompanied by his trusted men, Alpha Milos was in our home and with his sister, Kai too. Damn, the woman was as dazzling as the sun. Being in love did wonders for her. However, I was a different story. I had to look away as my chest ached.

She was no longer mine.

Averting my gaze, I chanced upon another woman. Aside from being tall, the most conspicuous part of her was her swathe arms. That and the way she regarded me with eyes that were looking through my soul. It appeared she didn't find whatever it was she thought was there and her mood darkened.

"Is it your head, sweetie?" Mom helped me sit. "Does it hurt?"

"What—" Covering my left eye, my hand was holding my forehead. "No. I'm fine."

Her lips trembled as she gave me a tight smile. "Are you sure?"

Nodding, I never removed my hand. "Why are the Alpha and his men here?"

"Alpha Milos is visiting you," Dad supplied.

"A visit for?" Having him and Kai here confused me unless of course if he found out about us. I whispered to my mom, "Does he know about me and Kai?"

"I only learned of it last night," Alpha Milos answered instead. "You are Kai's mate."

It was a statement, not a question.

Whispering served no use in a room full of wolves with superior hearing. How could I forget?

"My sister has done you wrong," By that, he must have meant her rejecting me. "I brought my sister to apologize to you and your family. Kai shall make it right by you."

Observing her reaction, I knew she wasn't ecstatic at her brother finding out. She has Olivia. Getting me into the equation did not add up.

"She will formally claim you."

If Kai clamps her jaw any harder, it would break. The feels of a prisoner brought out for execution were what she was giving off. She refused to meet my eyes. Apologizing was the last thing on her mind, I guess. Therefore, taking me as her mate was unlikely to be on her agenda.