C H A P T E R 20

GIFTS

ARRAH

It's the weekend and Kai doesn't have to report to school. The sun hasn't risen yet and she was still in deep slumber. These weeks with her were absolutely wonderful and I couldn't be any happier.

Laying on my side, I watched her peacefully sleep. The blanket was around her waist that it left her naked upper body exposed. Running and hunting have done wonders for her. I never thought I'd get to kiss those lips. So I kiss her every chance I get. I held her at every turn. I may be suffocating her at times. I could tell she still had her reservations and I was fine with that.

Guard your heart at all cost, Kai.

Like every other day, I wake her up with a kiss. My hand found her nape and I moved in to land a kiss on her unsuspecting lips. I wanted this to last longer before she roused so I gently and lightly kissed her. Ready to pull away after minutes, I was surprised when strong arms hauled me to her.

"Up so early?" her voice roughened by sleep. "Everything alright?" Her breath was tickling the skin of my neck as she burrowed her nose closer to where she marked me.

"Yeah..." I said.

Kai inhaled deeply and took my scent in. Her hands continued caressing my skin under the covers. "Do you have anything planned today?"

"Breakfast with my parents then I'm going to meet with Macey and Bea for lunch," I kissed her shoulder. "You?"

"Pack errands for the whole day but I could join you for breakfast."

"Great." I heard her gasp when I sucked on her skin and left a mark. No fair. My love bites don't get to stay for long. They fade within seconds.

I gave her another on the swell of her breast. "Little Minx..." I heard her say then I felt her cup my butt cheeks. After a while, her hand moved up to a less sensual area and rested on my waist. "If you get supplemental lessons in the next months and pass the exam, you might be able to go to college with Macey and her mate, Arrah."

"You and your goals to educate me," I chuckled. "Ok. I'll take the classes but I won't overload. I'll study on my terms but I might find it more appealing if you'll take the time to teach me, Ms. Randale."

"Study... sure," she readily agreed.

"Diligently. Every night," I drawled on. "You and me."

My cold hands fondled her breasts.

"Minx," she groaned. "Again?" she asked. We just spent the whole of last night re-acquainting with each other's bodies.

"Complaining already? Can't keep up, Ms. Randale?" I taunted her.

She refused to deign my questions with answers and just went on to show me by making slow sensuous love to me until the first rays of the sun brightened the sky.

* * *

"Hey, Arrah! Over here!" Macey excitedly shouted.

I walked to where they were and greeted Bea hello before sitting down. "Gosh Mace, you hollering like that will make them think we haven't seen each other yesterday."

We've ordered food and talked. Bea was cool. Ever since she was freed from her former pack and swore allegiance under our pack, she appeared to be more relaxed, cheerful, and friendlier. They've been living in Macey's parents' house but Macey promised Bea they'd be able to have their own place in a year or two. These two were inseparable. I could see both were extremely happy.