C H A P T E R 21

DUES

KAI

I wasn't really needed for anything else in the meeting. All the other Alphas were still tiptoeing around the ruckus in the Redwoods. It was hard for them to sympathize since the victims weren't part of their packs. I really wished that when it comes to breaking laws, shitheads like Pierce would be as slow as the Alphas were when it comes to imposing the punishment. Well, I have Milos on my side. If worse comes to worst, he'll have my back. Anyone with intentions like Pierce would face our pack and my wrath.

Top it off, with how Arrah so easily disabled and nearly killed an Alpha without even touching him, at least others will think twice or thrice before doing anything. Able to shift or not, she could defend herself. However, I'd rather lean on the safer side. I need to double my efforts to keep her out of harm's way. Cyrus and Edmund, who both got lucky this year and found their mates, were still her guards. I was thinking of adding more to her security detail.

Since the other Alphas were being dicks about giving the verdict, I decided to skip when they announced a lunch break. I made a quick trip to a flower shop and ran to where she and her friends were having lunch. Edmund texted me where they were eating. I was looking for a chance to give her the necklace I bought. I'd just play it by ear later. If I couldn't give it to her today, I'd try some other time.

I reached the restaurant and saw her laughing with her friends. By pack law and human standards, Macey and Bea were already legally married, unlike us. We were yet to have our mating ceremony. I kinda skipped that part when I marked her first.

With a different woman this time, I still don't know how I feel about having another mating ceremony.

I was engulfed by jealousy when I saw Sid take Arrah's hand. She was fed by my mate's hand. None other than me has that right. I hurried past the crowd and entered the restaurant. By the time I got inside, Sid had her hand on my mate's face. I left the bouquet I was holding to Cyrus and sped past tables.

"So bold, aren't we?" Sid said. I'd gladly cut the hand that was boldly touching what's mine. "All because you know I wouldn't hurt you."

I wanted to do more than just hurt you, bitch.

"Fortunately, I don't have the same sentiments about you." I felt my fangs protruding as I propelled her off her seat.

"Ms. Randale, don't start anything here." She stood and got me to release my hold on Sid.

Is she protecting her?

"You're choosing to side with her?" I'm her mate. She should be on my side. If she's trying to get back at me or something, I can't let her know it's working. Not another word, I quickly turned to leave.

Cyrus was holding out the flowers for me to take. I bought it for her; I might as well give them. I took it and marched back to where they happily sat before I interrupted. I unceremoniously dropped the box encasing the necklace and the bouquet in front of her.

"Since my seat has already been taken, I'll leave you to it. Enjoy your lunch."

I didn't stay to see her reaction as seeing the grinning Sid beside her made me want to hit something. Staying would be a terrible choice especially if I ended up shifting in the middle of the restaurant during lunchtime. I can't lie and say that my shifting was a CGI.

* * *

My horrible mood didn't improve when I reached the pack mansion. I immediately charged into the training hall and worked all the anger out. I think I ended up scaring Garrett, one of the pack warriors that sparred with me, for life.