Chapter 4

I sat and filled them out in silence, my impeccable hearing picking up the sound my pen scribbling on the paper and the principles heart beat, along with a set of boots walking down a corridor a ways away.

I slowly tuned out the sounds as I handed my paper back over to the principle. I flashed him a smile as he took the papers back from me. He filed them away and there was a bit of silence before he spoke. 

"Alright, so I'll give you a tour of the tour of school after we go over the specifications and requirements of the job, and we still need to have an in depth conversation about your quirk." He said, offering me another classic smile. 

I nodded and smiled back. "Sounds perfect." I said, crossing my legs and waiting to have him go over the job. 

***** 

After a length conversation, he had given me a set of keys to the school and I had my own office on the main floor of the school. I had to be here before school started up until each of the teachers left. So, if one teacher ended up staying until nine at night, I would be here until nine at night. I had to make rounds around the school and do perimeter checks every hour. I was given a personal radio that I could use to call for backup if need be. 

I was released to start my duties, and I was also encouraged to meet the staff and get a feel for the building. The first thing I did was unlock my office and put on my radio. I then left and began to walk around the school with Nezu. He showed me around and we had made our way to the teachers lounge. The third period bell rang, which was all lunch for the first years. Upon entering the lounge, I was greeted by the sight of a woman in a very scandalous outfit. I recognized her as the hero, Midnight. I also saw Present Mic and another guy who was wrapped in a yellow sleeping bag on the floor. I gave a half hearted wave as Nezu introduced me to the teachers.

"Good afternoon, everyone. I would like to introduce you to (Y/n) (L/n). She is the latest addition to the team, as she is the head of security here at the UA." He told them. The two waved at me and I just got a creepy stare from Caterpillar Man. 

"Nice to meet you all." I said, keeping my gaze averted from Scary Caterpillar Man. 

They all simultaneous said hello to me and I nodded at them. I turned and started on my rounds, cranking up my hearing. 

"She's awful cute." I heard Midnight say as I was walking away. I smirked to myself as I started on my rounds. I heard people talking in classrooms down hallways that were pretty far away. I didn't hear anything suspicious, though. I left the school and did my perimeter check, finding nothing odd or note-worthy.

I made my way back into the school, and I heard someone walking behind me. Based off the sound they were making, they were about 30 feet away. I glanced over my shoulder and looked at the person behind me. After noticing it was just Mic, I turned back around. 

"How did you know I was behind you?" His obnoxious voice boomed. I covered my ears and growled. I lowered my hearing to as low as I could, which was still above average.

"I could hear you walking." I said simply, still on my path. 

"What? How could you hear me walking that far away?!" He asked, obviously intrigued.

I sighed. "My quirk heightens my hearing so I can pick up more sound, so I can mimic it." I said, annoyed with this blonde already.

"Cool, so can you mimic any sound?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and sighed. 

"Yes, so long as I didn't make the sound." I responded, still not looking at him. 

"So, you can mimic my voice?" He asked.