Chapter 8

I let out a light laugh. "I guess I just don't know how to compose myself."  

He shook his head with a smile, his blonde locks being tossed from side to side. I felt a pang in my heart, but I brushed it off. He walked over and sat next to me on the couch, pulling his phone out. I did the same and looked at my phone. I had a message from Ashley. 

'I stopped by again because I forgot my phone. Don't worry, I locked your door. Hope your having fun with ~him~ :)' Read the message. I grumbled something and Mic looked over at me. 

"Sorry, Ashley is bothering me." I said, summing up the problem. 

"Ah." He said, turning his attention to his phone again. "So, you got any plans today?" He asked, not taking his attention off his phone screen. 

I glanced at him, then looked back at my phone. "Nah, I was just gonna bum around my house today. Hence my sweatpants and over sized sweater." I said, gesturing to my plain outfit. 

He looked over with a half smile on his face, glancing over my outfit before shrugging. "I mean, you look comfortable." He said, his gaze shifting back to his phone. 

I nodded. "Yeah. How about you, you got plans?" I replied, sliding my phone back into my pocket. 

He slightly nodded. "Yeah, I've gotta do some work for the station. Nothing major today, though." He said, locking his phone.

I looked over at him and raised an eyebrow. "Station? Like police station? Radio station? Taco station?" I asked, making a light joke. 

He let out a small laugh. "Radio station. I'm a DJ when I'm not at the school or doing hero work." He responded. 

I looked at him with a slight expression of shock. "No way!" I quietly exclaimed, my expression unfaltering.

He looked over at me, his gaze falling into mine. 'His eyes are like emeralds...' I thought, feeling the tips of my ears heat. 

"Yeah, way. I play music on the variety station every Friday night." He said, a half smile painting his thin lips.

I blinked a few times. I usually listened to my own music, but when I wasn't, I would listen to the radio on the variety station. "I literally never knew that and I've been listening to that station since I moved here." I said, a little dumbfounded. 

He let out a laugh that was as smooth as dark chocolate. "How long have you been living here?" He asked, his gaze still holding mine. 

I squinted one eye and looked about the room. "About three years now. I think? I'm not really sure, my time lines are all messed up." I said with a chuckle. I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, revealing their red tips. 

I saw him glance up at them then back to my eyes. He nodded his lips pulling upward into a toothy grin. "So you've been living around here for three years and didn't know about the hero Present Mic? You need to get educated!" He joked in his announcer voice. 

I sneered at him and shook my head lightly. "Been there, done that. The american education system sucks." I replied with a laugh. 

He gave me a look and offered that same, smooth laugh. A smile crossed my lips and the same pang I felt earlier striking my heart again. I looked away from him and down to my lap, but his gaze didn't falter from me. 

"You mentioned that you lived in the states last night. Whats it like over there?" He asked. I looked back up and over at him. 

I let out a laugh. "Do you want the over glorified answer, or the harsh truth answer?" I asked, making a light hearted joke.