Chapter 14

I looked up at him sheepishly. "Sorry, I got a little excited..." I said, rubbing the nape of my neck.  

He waved his hands around. "No! It's fine. I just wasn't expecting you to know the specifics so quickly. If at all." He said with a chuckle. 

I smiled. "I used to be a rider back when I lived in the States. I had to sell my bike in order to afford moving here. I really didn't want to." I said, looking the beautiful bike over once more.

"That makes more sense." He mumbled. I looked over at him with confusion. "You used to be a rider." He explained. 

I nodded. "I had a Harley, too. Mine was a black 2012 super glide. Gorgeous bike." I said, looking closer at the gauges and such. "Would you mind starting it for me?" I asked sheepishly. 

He nodded and inserted the key and turned it before reaching down and pulling the choke. He pushed the electric start and roared to life. It let out a consistent low growl as it purred idly. I subconsciously bit my bottom lip and my eyes crossed. 

"That's so sexy!" I exclaimed, listening to the lowly growl of the beastly bike. 

I heard him laugh and a smile painted my face. I looked at the bike once more as he slung his leg over the seat. He revved the engine and I relished in the beautiful sound. I let out a grunt of approval. 

"I could sit here and talk about all things bikes for days on end, but I've gotta go get packing." I said, leaning against my car. "This explains all the leather, though." I said, with a chuckle. 

He smiled. "Alright. Just remember that my offer still stands. Let me know if you change your mind." He said, moving his bike forward. 

I nodded at him. "Thanks again, Mic." I said, waving at him. 

He waved back and pulled away, his bike growling as he put it into gear. I clutched my chest, loving the sound of his bike, and liking the sight of him on it even more. I brushed my thoughts off as I climbed into  the drivers seat of my car. I sighed as the engine of my car sputtered to life, slowly idling. I thought back to my riding days when I lived in the states, a smile crawling onto my face as I started on my way to my apartment. I let my thoughts drift as I drove, my mind sweeping over the statement Mic had told me more than once. 

I pulled into the parking lot and got out of my car. I trudged to my door, pushing through the threshold of it and into my home. When the door swung open, I was greeted by the light sound of music playing and my best friend poking her head around the corner of the hallway. 

"Oh good, you're home. I started packing up more stuff." She said, turning around. 

I ditched my shoes and traipsed in, shutting the door after myself. I trudged into the living room and looked around. She had gotten a lot done while I was working, and it looked weird to see my apartment so empty. A twinge of sadness smacked my heart, but I brushed it off. I started to help pack up the stuff, putting it into the abundance of boxes Ashley had brought. 

"Where were you?" She asked, still packing.

"I was at the school. Mic had to stay late to finish some paper work and U.A. had an after hours attack." I said, not looking at her. 

"Ooh, you were with M- Wait, you were attacked?!" She asked, her train of thought being completely derailed. 

I nodded. "Yeah, some idiot was trying to blow up U.A.." I explained, turning toward her. "I saved Mics ass more than once and ended up getting shot." I said, pointing to my bandaged leg. 

Her eyes widened as she looked at my wound. "Damn, it's been the week from hell for you, hasn't it?" She said, a chuckle rolling off her tongue. 

I nodded with a laugh. "That's what I said earlier. And to think it's only Tuesday." I replied, sealing the box that I finished.

"Did you call the rental storage place?" She asked, taking the box from me and setting it on top of the other finished ones. 

I nodded. "Yeah, I called on my lunch break. They have vacancies and I need to go see the manager tomorrow after work." I told her, moving on to the next box. 

She nodded. "Good. Once you have one rented, we can start moving your shit into it." She laughed. 

I smiled. "Yeah, I think I have a pad lock around here somewhere." I said, looking about the room. "If not, they aren't very expensive." I mumbled. 

We continued to pack in silence, the soft music playing through the radio being the only sound between us and the noise of our packing. As we stacked more and more boxes on top of each other, we were nearly done. Everything in my living room had been packed away beside the large furniture, my kitchen had been packed up minus a few pots and pans, most of my clothes were packed along with my instruments. We also packed up most of the bathroom. We only left the living essentials for me to have out, to be packed away eventually. 

We both fell onto my couch with a heavy sigh as I fished my phone out of my pocket. I had a few notifications from my social media, as well as an unread text message. It was from Mic. 

'Hey, I wanted to say thank you for saving my ass more than once today. I know I was making a lot of wise cracks about it today, but thank you. Really.' Is what it read. 

A smile crept up onto my face and I didn't realize Ashley was reading over my shoulder. I shook my head and locked my phone, setting it on the arm of the couch. I stood and went into my kitchen, deciding I wanted a snack. I opened the fridge and pulled stuff out for grilled cheeses. 

"You want a grilled cheese, bitch?" I shouted out to her. There was silence a moment. 

"Yeah, I could go for a grilled cheese." She responded. 

I shrugged and started making us food, humming a tune to myself. The butter sizzled in the pan and I heard a happy screech escape the female in my living room. I peeked around the corner, spatula in hand and gave her a questioning look. She was staring at her phone screen with an excited look. She glanced up at me and shook her head. I shrugged and went back to making our food. 

I eventually returned with a beer and a grilled cheese for both of us and we greedily began to scarf down the food. As we were eating, she asked me about the attack that was launched. I explained to her the best I could about what happened and she started making jokes similar to Mic after I had been close to him. I just rolled my eyes at her and continued telling my story. Once I told her about me having to kiss the gross moldy guy, she gave me a look of shock. 

"Ooh, I bet Mic didn't like that." She said. I gave her a sideways glance.

"Why?" I asked with a mouthful of food. 

She blinked at me a few times. "Are you serious right now?" She asked, her tone deadpan. 

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Very. I don't get it." I responded. 

"Oh my god, (Y/n). Are you seriously this oblivious?" She asked, making wild motions with her hands. 

I set my plate down and looked over at her with a confused expression. "I guess, because I have no clue what you're talking about." I responded. 

She sighed. "He's been making passes at you for a while now! The casual flirting at school every day, walking you home from the bar, inviting you into his house, all the flirty jokes he made during your attack? Hell, he even invited you to live with him!" She spewed. She slapped a hand over her mouth, her eyes widening as she gave me a look of fear. 

I crunched my eyebrows at her. "How did you know about that? No one was around when he said anything to me, and I sure as hell didn't tell you." I said, my face contorting to confused and slightly angered. 

She moved her hand and gave a very tense shrug. "Lucky guess?" She squeaked out. 

I narrowed my eyes at her and grabbed my phone, which I left on the arm of the couch. Upon unlocking it, I found my messages with Mic were open. The last few messages I had not seen, but it was marked read. 

'Of course! I'd save your ass any day. It is a nice one, after all. ;)' Was the last message sent from my phone. 

'Haha! I knew it was my ass after all!

Have you figured out where you'll be living, yet?' Was the last message sent by Mic. 

I glared up at Ashley as I locked my phone. "What did you do?"