Chapter 13

"Don't you have paperwork to finish?" I asked, giving him a weird look. 

A smile spread across his face and he shook his head, following me up the stairs. He eventually caught up with me, but it didn't take long due to my limp. Once he fell in stride with me, he slung an arm around my waist to help me walk. The tips of my ears started to heat.

"M-mic, I can walk." I mumbled, an unintentional stutter working it's way into my words. 

"What, you don't want me near you? You were all over me earlier." He said. I could hear the smirk in his words.

"What? I was saving you from being shot!" I said, feeling the heat from my ears spread to my face. 

He chuckled. "That's not what it seemed like." He joked.

I hid my face with my hair and focused on walking. "Whatever, asshole." I grumbled. 

He laughed again and continued to help me walk. We had made it to the conference room and he sat me in the chair I was in earlier. I crossed my arms over my chest after helping my legs up onto the table and letting them rest there. I leaned back as far as I could in the chair without tipping it over as Mic sat back down and started writing again. I started thinking over the events of the week and let out a sigh. 

"What?" He asked, not looking up from his papers. 

"This has just been the week from hell. That's all." I said, my eyes drifting shut. 

I could feel him look up at me. "Oh? How so?" He asked, a hint of curiosity in his voice.

I let out another elongated sigh, pulling my feet down and onto the floor. "Do you want the condensed version, or the long story?" I said with a chuckle.

"Condensed. We don't have all night." He joked. 

I smiled. "Well, I was inconvenienced, to start. I've almost died twice, and I got evicted. To top it all off, I was shot."

He looked at me, shocked. "I lied, I want the long story." 

I let out a laugh. "Well, let's start with me forgetting my instruments at the bar. That was just a minor inconvenience. Then my ex followed me from the states and tried to kill me. Again. Then, because I used my quirk to save my life, I got an eviction notice from my apartment complex. I have no backup plan, so I have to sleep on Ashleys couch for a while. Then some idiot tries to blow up the school and I got shot in the leg." I said, making hand gestures while I spoke. "It has been a fucking week, and it's only Tuesday." I said, brushing my hair out of my face and laughing.

He gave me a bewildered look. "Wait, so you- and- How..?" He asked, looking at me with amazement and shock. 

I nodded. "Yep. It's been rough in the life of (Y/n)." I joked.

"You got evicted? For defending yourself?" He asked, slowly making sense of the situation. 

I nodded. "Yeah. Remember when I told you not to piss off my neighbors while playing my guitar? That's because I had reached my limit in noise complaint warnings. The next one would cause me to be evicted. And, well..." I said, gesturing with my hands. It came out more nonchalant than intended.

He blinked at me a few times. "Jesus. Where did you say you were staying?" He asked, leaning back in his chair a bit. 

"I'm staying on Ashleys couch until I can get something solid in place. With being evicted, it's going to be that much harder to find a place to live. No landlord wants a problem tenant." I said, shrugging. "I didn't have a backup plan. Japan was my backup plan." I said, a sad chuckle rolling off my tongue.