chapter eight

five months later

five months later

"babe, have you seen my tie?" raf yells from downstairs, as i look frantically around our home for my missing shield.

"no, have you seen my shield?" i yell back.

"no!"

i walk back up the stairs and into our bedroom, as i watch rafael, look through his entire closet for this one tie, that matches his pocket square. it was especially important when he had court.

"is this it?" i ask, picking up the one that was laying on one of our pillows.

"yes," he says taking a deep breath as i start to tie his tie for him. "sorry, i'm all over the place."

"it's okay, we both are all over the place, i can't even find my shield." i say, letting out a little bit of a laugh.

"how's jamie?" rafael then asks.

"he's okay, the car not so much."

"he must be devastated."

"he is, but i wanna know what was wrong with the brakes because between him, joe, and my dad, they always kept that car in check." i say as he nodded and i finished the tie knot. "and there ya go."

"thank you honey." he pressed a quick kiss to my lips before going into the bathroom. "babe?"

"yeah?" i was looking under the bed, when raf came out of the bathroom, holding my shield.

"so that's where i left it last night!" i say as he chuckles, putting it on my hip.

"you mean before we got busy?" my husband, replied wiggling his eyebrows as i hit his butt lightly, as he chuckled.

i then went and grabbed my gun from the safe, loading it, putting it on safety, and into its holster, as he put on his jacket, and went downstairs to get his stuff together in his office.

"kel, i'm gonna get going!" he yells from the kitchen as i walk down the stairs.

"okay." i say upon entering the kitchen.

he presses a kiss to my lips as i smile.

"i think we're going to some of the trial today, but if something comes up, and i don't see you, have a good day babe, get 'em in court."

"thank you hun, and if i don't see you, you have yourself a good day too." he says. "and stay safe out there."

"i will."