chapter nine

danny had called all of us to dad's house again

danny had called all of us to dad's house again. he believed the case he was working on involved the blue templar.

this time erin joined the conversation. rafael was going to join us, but he got buried neck deep in his case so i told him to stay at work, focus on that for now, and i would fill him in later.

"if you're wearing gloves, you want to get your gun quick, so you do this," he says as he gives a rendition of what he think happened as we all gathered in the living room with our whiskey. "you reach for the gun, but if you do anything else with your arm, the glove drop wherever."

"yeah, so they came through the window." i say.

"yeah, i'm figuring there were at least four if they had to move that much weight out."

"so two through the door and two through the window." dad says.

"right." danny states.

"you talking to iab?" grandpa asks.

dad shook his head.

"not even bello?" grandpa asks, a bit shocked. "why not?"

"i trust alex, but he won't know if the templar has eyes and ears over there." he replied. "jamie was there on a related incident. i don't want to set off alarms."

"but you can't handle this on your own, dad." erin says.

"i'm not going to. i have you. and i got kelly and danny." he looks at the two of us. "can we trust detective baez?"

"she's solid." danny replied.

"what about detective benson and detective tutuola?"

"they're solid as well." i reply.

"and detective stabler?"

"you know the answer to that one, dad." danny replied as i agreed.

"my squad is completely solid, dad. we can trust them." i inform him as he nods.

"that's good to hear, but i think it would be best to just stick with detectives stabler, benson, tutuola, and baez for now." he replied.

"what about me?" jamie asked.

"i know this is going to be hard for you, jamie, but they do have eyes and ears on you, so for now, you got to go about your business like it's any other day." dad says.