chapter twelve {rafael}

"so, did the pimp gave you nothing?" frank asked as liv shook her head

"so, did the pimp gave you nothing?" frank asked as liv shook her head. "even when you offered him a deal?"

"yes, but he did threaten the sergeant's family, i believe she should be under police protection until this whole thing is settled, commissioner."

"i agree. i'll make sure to have a detail on you and your family until this is over."

as my father-in-law, or well, the commissioner  spoke, i kind of zoned out.

something wasn't right, i knew it. i just couldn't place it.

"commissioner,"  deputy commissioner of public information, garrett moore and lieutenant sid gormley stepped in, and the look on their faces told us that something absolutely wasn't right.

"what is it?" he asked, knowing something had gone wrong.

"they got to the witnesses, sir." moore spoke.

"i'm sorry, what?" i said.

"tino just got shanked in prison, the gunman who took a shot at the girl, she got hit too, and a girl, who was in the car with a john just got hit." gormley then said.

we all looked at each other.

"i'll call my squad and get them on this." liv then said.

"sir," detective baker then stepped in.

the look on her face, was far worse.

something bad had happened. i just knew.

"who is it?" he sighed, looking down at the floor.

"a detective from the sixteenth precinct was shot."

frank looked at me, before looking at baker once again for her to continue.

"it's detective reagan, sir."

"are you sure?" i ask baker, as she nods.

my wife had been shot.

"emt's sent it over the radio. their en-route to st. vincent's now. your car is already waiting, sir."

~~~~

"kelly!" i yell as i saw her being rolled in.

she was unconscious, and there was a path of blood following her.

"sir, you need to stand back." one of the nurses said.