chapter thirteen

i heard a lot of voices, in and out that is

i heard a lot of voices, in and out that is. i heard my family praying and talking to me, my squad telling me what's going on, my husband pray and tell me how much he loves me. however, i couldn't respond, all i saw was darkness.

at one point, i heard my family and husband yelling, along with other voices i couldn't understand. i then saw a white light and the next second, i ended up seeing my mother and brother, joe, which was weird, especially when they spoke to me, before i settled into the darkness again, and hearing the unusual voices again.

it was quiet when i was finally found the strength to open my eyes, i saw my father in one corner of the room and my husband in the other, looking as upset as ever.

"what's with the sad faces?" i croak out as both their heads snap in my direction.

"hi," my husband smiled, as he brushed some hair out of my face, while wiping a tear from his face.

"hey there." i say as he took my hand, pressing a light kiss to it.

"how do you feel sweetheart?" my dad asks, taking my other hand.

"like i got shot." i replied, as i felt a slight twinge of pain as they both chuckle at my response.

"that's because you were." danny then said as he, jamie, erin, linda, and pop entered the room as rafael helps me drink some water.

"three times, might i add." pop says.

"i'll go get the doctor." linda declares as she then left the room.

"how'd you know she was awake?" dad asked, since nobody had gone out to get them yet.

"twin connection apparently." erin says, turning to jamie.

"i had a feeling, and i kinda just knew she was awake. we were halfway down the hall to go to the cafeteria, but then i just knew and we turned around." jamie explained. "i knew when you got shot too."

"i know what you mean, i've felt it before." i say.

"is this the part where you would say, "it's a twin thing, you wouldn't understand?"" rafael asks as i nod, as the rest of the family nods.

"your squad at svu and danny and his partner got the guy that shot you, he's awaiting trial. judge remanded him." erin informs me. "raf and i made sure that there's a great ada is on the case."

"i'm sure you did." i smile, before coughing a bit, as rafael helps me drink the water once again.

"we're very glad to see you awake, kel." pop says, as raf moves out of the way for him to hold my hand.