【Prologue】

"Mom, the computer!" A green broccoli haired boy exclaimed, jumping from left and right to get his mothers attention.

"Again?" His mother sighed. She turned off the sink after washing the dishes. She picked up the cute broccoli haired boy and sat him down in his room, in front of the computer.

"Jeez, you have probably added ten thousand views just by yourself, Izuku." The mother complained, clicking on the computer to open a video.

"Hurry!" The impatient boy whined. The mother sighed in defeat and continued to look for his favorite video.

"It's too scary for me. I can't watch it." The mother complained before leaving the room to let her son watch in peace. The video loaded up to reveal a man holding countless civilians in the heat of disaster.

"It's fine now." The muscular man spoke. "Why? Because I am here!" The man yelled out. Those words swam into the little boys head like a river, causing him to get excited. His eyes glimmered with hope and light.

He raised up an action figure that looked just like the man in the video. "He's so cool! Once I get my Quirk, I wanna be like him, too!"

If he only knew.

"You should probably give it up." A doctor spoke out to him and his mother. Those burning words stabbed through the boy's heart. Everything else just blurred out. All his hopes and dreams began to flush down the drain, the river drying out. He was silent in the car ride home. He trod lightly to his room, watching the same video he watched before.

"Mom..." He spoke out after a good few minutes of silence. "He saves everyone with a smile, no matter what trouble they're in..." The boy sputtered out. "He's such a cool hero..." He turned his chair around to face his mother.

"Can I...be a hero, too?" He said sadly, tears on his eyes slowly forming up. His mother ran to him, cheek to cheek.

"I'm sorry Izuku! I'm sorry!" His mother cried with him that night.

~

"Why are you being so mean? You're making him cry Kacchan!" Izuku began to cry out. He was in front of another crying boy, defending him.

"If you keep on hurting him...I'll...I'll uh.." He got into a small, fragile fighting position. "I'll stop you myself!"

"Heh.." On the other side, a blonde child with red eyes smirked while his 'buddies' were activating their quirks. "You want to pretend to be a hero? You don't stand a chance without a quirk.."

"Deku."

The resonate of little insects stabbed through the sound of punches and crying. Izuku Midoryia was born with something that led his life to become like this. He was born with nothing. In a world where quirks, a superhuman ability that an average human is born with, Izuku is the 20% that does not have one.

When Izuku discovered he was quirkless, word spread out like fire. Since that day, he was bullied.

The child that Izuku was trying to defend stood up, scoffing to himself.

"I can't believe I was helped by someone like you.." He mumbled to himself before slightly limping away.

Tears slithered down Izuku's cheek as he laid there on the floor.

Why couldn't this pain stop?

Why was the world so cruel?

These questions are what four-year-old Izuku think every day. He slowly got up, trying to wipe his tears off his face. He inhaled and smiled. What a fake smile he slapped across his face. Then he walked home, still smiling with that fake plastic smile.

Izuku didn't know that there were eyes, glazing at him from afar.