027. promises

phone calls.
( between matthew & margo )

     ☆ "I JUST WANT TO THANK you for being such a kind human being to me, Matthew

     ☆ "I JUST WANT TO THANK you for being such a kind human being to me, Matthew." Margo said as she held her phone to her ear.

"Anyone who's decent enough will always be kind, no matter what." Matthew's voice filled her ears, making the woman lean into her seat before he quickly added, "Especially to someone like you, Margo Faye."

Her smile only widened, and she's glad he can't see how much of a fool she's making herself. "Matthew, you're going to make me cry."

"Goodness gracious, I did not join the #drinkingmyloveformargojuice train to only make you cry in the end." he spoke in a joking tone, making Margo sense that he was smiling at himself.

"I'm sorry," she chuckled, shifting the phone in her hand to her other ear as she went to grab a throw pillow next to her. There was a moment of silence as Margo hugged the pillow to her chest before she said truthfully, "I guess I'm just overwhelmed by the amount of kindness I'm suddenly receiving."

Margo and Matthew have been on the phone for over an hour and a half, just taking about whatever was on their mind. At first it was about how their day went, and what were they're latest aspirations in life was (Matthew's was to be happy while Margo's was to be comfortable), but then the topic changed to what had happened a few days ago and why Margo Faye was suddenly inactive on her social media accounts.

Of course Matthew didn't pry at the cause, but he had an inkling that it had to do with all the hate she was suddenly receiving. He just allowed Margo to vent and take her time to gather her thoughts. He learned that most of the hate came from an ex who she won't name, but from what he could deduce, the breakup was messy and most fans took his side.

But Matthew also learned a valuable thing about Margo: she wasn't completely susceptible to the hate she got. Her whole "I dont give a flying fuck" attitude was a front she had to protect her emotions. And when that wall fell, her emotions came pouring out like an large body of water being held together by a damn.

It made his heart clench to hear her voice get soft and let out a sniffle, god did did he wish that he could help take away her worries but he couldn't, he wasn't magical like that. But what Matthew could do was be there for Margo, listen to her ramble on about nonsense until it cleared the air.

"You know," Matthew started, "You deserve a large deal of happiness Margo, and I mean that."

"Matthew--"

"This is going to sound cheesy, but I know a lot of people go through some tough shit, and it gets rough and weighs down on you as a person. I know for a fact, that you, Margo Faye, are a strong woman who will be forever surrounded by people who will provide you with love, happiness and kindness. And I, Matthew Gray Gubler, for as long as I am friends with you, guarentee that I will be there to provide you with love, happiness and kindness. I promise you."

Margo let out a quiet sniffle after hearing Matthew speak, taking in every word that for some reason made her heart beat harder against her chest. It was probably because of the topic they were on, and the fact that her period was nearing, but holy fuck did she appreciate every word he said. She didn't have many close friends that would even say something like that to her, so hearing Matthew, a man she's known for two months, nearly made her cry.

"Now how the hell am I supposed to top that?" She asked tearfully in her vulnerable state.

"You don't have to," Matthew chuckled. "You just have to know that I'm always here for you."

Margo smiled, her grip on her phone lessening as she replied softly, "The next time I see you, you're getting the biggest hug."

"I'm going to have to hold you to that, Margo."

"Promise?"

"Well, yeah. I did make a promise to you earlier."

"Oh my god, you're such a dork Matthew."

"That's fresh coming from you, little Miss. I-Read-Every-Marvel/DC-Comic-Growing-Up."

☆☆☆

quick note.
istg these two are going to make me spontaneously combust fucking byE + phoebe looks so pissed in that crackship gif but oh well i did my best to serve