034. vanilla & strawberries

real life.

     ☆ MARGO WOKE UP TO several knocks from her hotel door and groaned softly

     ☆ MARGO WOKE UP TO several knocks from her hotel door and groaned softly. She didn't want to get up, god she was so tired. But when another loud knock came, the woman rolled out of bed (quite literally) and stalked towards the door. She was slightly disoriented and didn't even bother to grab her wool cardigan from the chair (to cover up the large tee she wore in case someone important was behind the other side of the door.)

It had been her third day in Philadelphia and boy was her jetlag getting the best of her. She went to bed at what, 4 am and it was currently 2 in the afternoon. Yesterday was a big blur for her. She was either too drunk at the time or too tired to remember what she did yesterday, but whatever it was it had to be fun.

When Margo made it to her door, she swung it open as she yawned and used her other hand to rub her tired eyes. "Hello?"

"Jesus, Beatrice wasn't kidding when she said you were tired." Matthew's voice made Margo's tired eyes widen.

"Whoa, hi." she chuckled before opening her door wider, gesturing for him to enter. "Come in."

"Sorry to intrude, but hey, I come bearing gifts!" He held up two coffees and a brown paper bag with a boyish grin as he entered the room. "I didn't know if you ate anything yet so..."

"Perfect! I was just gonna call room service." Margo laughed lightly before going over to the small table near the window. "Sit," she patted the area in front of her with a grin. "How are you, Matthew?"

Matthew made his way over, taking into notice that her hotel room was fucking huge and oddly neat given her frazzled state. But nevertheless he dramatically sat down, placing the drinks and brown paper bags in front of him. "I'm doing magnificent, yourself Margo?" He sent a toothy smile her way that made her heart swell.

"I just woke up after 11 hours, I'm doing fucking fantastic!" She replied excitedly before saying quickly, "Plus, you're here and that always makes things 100% better."

His smile widened at her words and slid her way her coffee. "You like an ungodly amount of sugar and creamer in your coffee by the way."

"What can I say? I have a sweet tooth?" Margo sighed before making grabby hands towards her cup and smiled. "And it's still warm! I bet that whatever is in that inconspicuous brown paper bag of yours is too."

"Fuck, you really like to spoil a surprise, huh?" He groaned, reluctantly handed her the paper bag. "Beatrice said these were your favorites."

And with a dramatic gasp when she opened the paper bag, Margo took out not one, but two muffins. "Listen, a good chocolate chip muffin is the best okay?" A smile spread on her lips as she handed one to Matthew. "And what are you doing asking my sister questions when you can go straight to the source?"