Third Chapter

"Che, I made breakfast

"Che, I made breakfast."

Simple best words spoken by the single best person. I opened my eyes and met a pair of very yellow ones.

"It's gonna get cold."

I nodded and sat up, stretching my arms over my head. Nathan padded back out into the kitchen and I hurried to get ready. He had been practising forever on making omelettes and I'd be a total dick if I let them get cold.

He had set the table really nicely with the tablecloth Nat had given us for Christmas and some candles.

"What's all this"?

"Anniversary," he said and smiled. He poured me a cup of coffee and nodded at the table, urging me to sit down.

"What anniversary? We weren't married in March, babe."

"No, but... It's 15 years since we first met."

The fact that he remembered that made me fall in love with him all over again. I smiled and sat down, receiving a kiss from my hubby before he sat down opposite of me.

"I tried to make the omelettes right." He poked his omelette with his fork.

It was so important for him I liked this, it wouldn't matter if I did or not. I would've lied if I didn't like it, but fuck it was really good.

Nathan always tried to not smile when he got compliments. His cheeks turned a little darker and he'd look down at his fidgeting hands. It was adorable and it never got old.

It was nice. Nathan talked about the store and how Javier wanted to maybe expand it a little. I thought it sounded like a nice idea. Nathan was amazing at doing things with his hands, so if he was to help with the expansion, Javier's store was in good hands – literally.

"Have you considered the interview?" I asked after a while of pleasant silence. Because I had to ruin shit.

He rolled his eyes. "Che, I'm not doing interviews."

"But this is important. They're naming the law after you."

"And yet I'm still a wanted criminal in the US. It's all bullshit. I don't want a law. I want to be able to leave Chile. I want to visit home."

I swallowed hard and nodded. "I thought this was home."

He sighed deeply. "That's not what I meant."

I shrugged a shoulder.

"Che, I... I wanna visit my mum's grave."

I met his gaze and he smiled a small sad smile.

"I just wanna put some flowers on it."

"I know," I breathed. I cut a piece of the omelette and shoved it in my mouth. "This could be the first step to be able to do that though."