Eleventh Chapter

I met Nat for coffee some days later at her house

I met Nat for coffee some days later at her house. We did this once a week to share whatever was on our minds. Mostly we ranted about our husbands and how messy they both were. Safe to say, I was turning into a housewife.

"Aidan has this habit of leaving his coffee mug in the sink. Like, does he think it'll magically clean itself and fly into the cupboard?" Nat rolled her eyes.

"Ugh, at least he leaves it in the sink. Nathan leaves mugs everywhere and then blames his bad memory."

"He has photographic memory."

"I know! And he knows I know!" I threw my hands out to the sides, making Nat laugh.

"He's an idiot. We have idiot brothers, Che."

"Thank Christ they ended up with such smart people as us, huh? Where would they have been without us?"

"Surely they'd be completely lost." She poured herself a little more coffee and topped mine off too. "But then they smile, don't they? And it's like it's not even a problem anymore."

"Ugh, yeah."

"And I have three of those. Three who pisses me off daily and then they smile..." She rolled her eyes. "Actually..." she added, hesitantly.

"What?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I'm... Pregnant."

My entire face broke in a smile and I rose to my feet. Nat did too and let me hug her almost to death.

"Fuck yeah," I murmured into her hair and pulled back.

"I'm telling Nate when he comes over for dinner, but I wanted you to know first because..." She took a deep breath. "I don't have many friends and I just wanted to be giddy with a friend first. With my best friend."

"And I'm fucking giddy!" I blurted out, quickly rubbing my stinging eyes. "Oh fuck, Aidan must be so super excited."

"He is. He wanted to wait to tell until I was past the first three months. You know, it's just safer that way."

I nodded. "Yeah, of course! What about the boys?"

"They're hoping for a little sister. With my luck they'll probably get two," she laughed and sat back down in the couch again. I did too and hugged her again. My best friend was giving me more nieces or nephews. I couldn't wait to hold another baby.

Okay, so I might've been a little broody lately, but this definitely helped. Just to get to see Nathan holding another baby was a dream. The way he gently kissed the boys' foreheads and murmured in Gaelic to them. Sang them to sleep.

"So... Nate is still not up for kids?" Nat asked softly.

I swallowed hard and shook my head. "No. And I understand him. That's the worst part of it all. I can understand why he doesn't want any kids. Hell, I probably shouldn't be getting any, what, with all the daddy issues I have."