Bonus Chapter 1

For grimmxxx

 "Come on, wake up," Che murmured in my ear

 "Come on, wake up," Che murmured in my ear. I couldn't help but smile and slowly opened my eyes.

"I'm up," I whispered.

"Happy thirty-first birthday." He pulled the blanket off me and I kind of hated him right now. I wanted to sleep more and now I was cold. And it was all Che's fault.

"Come heat me up." I smiled up at him and reached out for his shirt.

"No, no. Come on. I have a surprise for you."

I let him drag me out of bed. After a quick shower and a very quick breakfast, we were in the car for some reason. We drove across town and then out of it.

"Where are we going?"

"Just one town over. We're there soon."

I frowned. I wasn't big on surprises and Che knew this. I also didn't like leaving our village. We were safe there. Outside was unknown and I hated the unknown. Some things never changed.

Che swung right and into what looked like a farm. He put stopped the car and jumped out, running around it and opened my door. I hesitantly followed him up to the front door but kept behind him. He took my hand in his and gave it a squeeze, as he knocked on the door.

An older woman opened the door and smiled widely.

"Come in," she said in Spanish, very slowly too, and stepped aside. I kept my hand in Che's and quickly scanned the room. My eyes stopped at a little fluffy cloud on the floor. It had a bow around its neck.

"Happy birthday, babe," Che said softly and picked up the fluffy thing, putting it in my arms.

It was a puppy. A little puppy. I bit down on my lip and slowly stroked its little head, smoothing some of its fur out of its face.

"I love it," I whispered and the puppy barked at me before it got comfortable against my chest. I could almost carry it with just my hand.

"So, what's its name?"

"D1."

"Huh?"

"Is it dumb?"

Che chuckled and shook his head. "No, it's perfect."

On the drive home, D1 was so cute. She fell asleep in my lap two minutes after we had rolled out of the courtyard in front of the farm. I kept petting her. Her fur was so soft and I loved her. I'd die for her.

When we got home Che surprised me with having bought all the essentials for a puppy. Even a pink collar for her, but it was still too big for her. And she had gotten a little bed too. I was about to cry when she pranced around and then barked at me. I couldn't take my eyes off her for a second before she barked at me, staying at my heel at all times.