A New Friend

11/22/18, Edited 7/30/19

You sat with Sammy in his office. He was sitting in his chair while you sat on a stool. Bendy was wandering somewhere in the Music Department while the two of you shared a conversation. The small radio in his room was quietly playing in the background.

"So you used to be an animator?" Sammy asked you.

"Yes, kind of." You smiled. "I feel like I was a concept artist more than anything."

"Interesting. It makes sense that we wouldn't have seen each other much." He chuckled.

"We saw each other a few times, but they were merely glances. We never talked."

"Unfortunately, I don't remember much from when I was human, so I'm not surprised I couldn't remember your face."

You shrugged your shoulders. "It's not like it mattered."

"Anyways, (Y/N). How did you manage to find Bendy in here?" He asked, changing the subject.

"He found me, actually. Scared the daylights outta me at first. I thought he was going to kill me, but I couldn't have been more wrong." You smiled fondly as you thought about the sweet demon.

Sammy noticed your dazed smile and chuckled. "I take it you two are a thing?"

You lightly blushed with a nervous giggle. "I think. It's not really official yet." After a brief moment of silence, you shook your blush away and came back to reality. "So what happened Sammy? To you, I mean."

"Bendy didn't tell you?" Sammy asked, confusion evident in his tone. You shook your head, so he answered, "In all honesty, nobody truly knows. But I'd be damned if it wasn't Joey Drew. I'm sure that stupid man is behind all of this. Everything."

"Let me guess.... It's something to do with the ink machine?"

"You got that right." Sammy growled. "Joey was a crazy maniac, so who knows what he did exactly. But I know for a fact that his characters are alive. I wouldn't be surprised if more workers are trapped here as well, all in inky bodies."

"Good thing I got out in time." You whispered to yourself.

"You left the studio?" He asked.

"No. I got....really sick. I was practically on my death bed."

"Wait, were you the one that had cancer?"

"How'd you know?" Your eyes widened in astonishment.

He rested his chin on his fist. "Everyone knew about that, and it's something nobody would've ever forgotten because of how pissed Joey was."

Your eyes narrowed as you growled. "Joey was pissed that I had cancer?!"

"Yup." Sammy replied with a sigh. "Went on about it for months. Started to blame things on you. Y'know, cartoons not being finished on time and decreases in quality. All that superficial stuff."

You growled and rose to your feet as you began to pace in circles. "Of course he did that." You spat. "Joey always manages to completely infuriate me."

Sammy rose from his chair and put his hand in your shoulder, stopping you from pacing. "Listen to me, and listen well. Don't waste your energy on him. He is absolutely worthless and doesn't deserve anyone's time." You turned to face Sammy, looking at his mask. "And listen, don't speak about Joey around Bendy or the other toons. They'll go crazy."

You nodded with a smile. "Thanks, Sammy. I won't."

He patted your back as the two of you left his office. "It feels really good to actually talk to someone for a change." You smiled at him as the two of you made your way to the recording studio.

"Don't you talk with Bendy?"

"Well he can't talk. He writes everything on paper, and that's fine! Don't get me wrong! But it just feels nice to hear a voice other than my own." The two of you shared a chuckle.

"Well you can come talk to me anytime." Sammy offered. "Maybe you can even play the piano or sing sometime~"

"Don't tell me you heard that." You muttered, thinking back to when you played the piano and sang to the tune earlier.

"Only all of it."

You groaned. "Of course you heard it."

He laughed. "You play beautifully though. And your voice is fabulous."

"Yeah, yeah." You said sarcastically with a faint blush from his compliment. "Shut it, music man."

The two of you headed into the recording studio, finding Bendy observing a cutout of himself that stood at one of the many chairs. When he saw you come in, he perked up. Unknown to you, however, he started to get angry when he saw your faint blush still on your face. Had Sammy been flirting with you!?

You waved at Bendy as he came over to you. He pulled you into a hug and kissed your forehead. Sammy knew the demon was eyeing him the entire time. The music director scoffed. "No need to be jealous, Bendy."

"Are you jealous again?" You asked the ink demon. He didn't react.

You laughed. "Bendy, Sammy and I are just friends. You know that I love you." You kissed Bendy's cheek. "You've been getting really irritated lately.... Are you alright?"

Bendy nodded and placed an ink heart on your nose. You were certain he was lying to you, but you chose to ignore it for now. "So what do you guys want to do?"

Bendy pulled out a paper and wrote, 'Let's just leave, (Y/N).'

"Bendy, I can't do that." You frowned.

'What? Why?'

"Sammy's been alone for so long! Let's keep him company for a little while longer." You pleaded, gesturing to the ink man.

"It's fine, (Y/N)." Sammy spoke up. "You can just come back some other time."

"Are you sure?" You asked. "I really don't want you to be alone again."

"It's perfectly fine. Go with your demon lover~" He chuckled when you lightly slapped his arm, pouting as you did so.

Bendy held his arm out to you. "Okay then." You told Sammy as you linked your arm with Bendy's. "See you later, Sammy. I promise I'll come back soon."

"I know you will." You knew for a fact, by the tone of his voice, that he was smirking. With a wave, you and Bendy began to head back to the lounge.

"Bendy, are you sure you're alright? You seem off." You spoke up.

He stopped walking, causing you to stop in worry, and he lowered his head. He kneeled down to your level and slowly brought you into a loose hug. "Bendy, talk to me. I don't want you to be upset anymore. Not after all these years."

He looked up at you and you saw a clear tear streak down his face. You wiped it away and he stood back up. He led you back to the lounge and immediately took you over to a calendar. There was a black circle around the current date. In it was small writing....

'Anniversary of Boris's death'