The Last Reel

7/30/19

"Wow! I've never seen this before!" Allison exclaimed in awe at the gigantic Ink Machine that stood before the three of them across the ocean of ink. "I don't see any way around....nothing to build a raft with."

"We'll have to wade across." Henry declared from behind her.

"We can't! We're not like you, Henry." She responded softly, her tone solemn. "If we go in there, Well....a drop of water in the ocean is never seen again."

"Then I guess it's all up to me." Henry sighed. "And I don't even know what I'm doing here. I don't even know why this is all happening to me." He sounded very confused and even the slightest bit defeated.

"You're here for a reason, Henry. There's always a reason!" Allison told him with a reassuring, confident smile. "Even when you can't understand it. It's time! Set us free!"

She and Tom moved out of the man's way, allowing him to step into the ocean of ink. The sticky substance was hard to maneuver through, especially since it reached up to his knees. He sent his two partners one last look before heading into the Ink Machine. "They could've at least given me a weapon."

~~~~~~~~

Bendy had reached the machine long before Henry did. The Ink Demon had hurried into his lair long ago, and was waiting patiently in his throne. There were two possible outcomes. Either Henry would enter first, or it would be his beloved darling. If she came first, he'd be sitting there waiting for her in plain sight. If Henry came first....he'd make a last minute decision on how to approach him.

Suddenly, he heard heavy footsteps enter the Ink Machine. Although his smile was permanent, Bendy felt his smile falter the slightest bit. Those footsteps didn't belong to his darling. They were Henry's. The old man had gotten there first!

The man was quickly approaching the main room of the Ink Machine. Bendy knew that Henry was easily afraid of him, so to try and make it easier on the old man, he slunk out of his throne and his within the ink at the base of the throne. When the time was right, the Ink Demon would slowly come out and show himself in a gradual, cautious manner. There was no way Henry would be startled if he did that.

When Henry entered the Throne Room, he saw an audio log and a reel that had been sitting beside Bendy seconds ago when he sat on his throne. Bendy listened as Henry played the audio log, having to suppress growls of irritation and hatred at the sound of Joey Drew's voice. He had never listed to the tape before, never felt a need to and never really wanted to. But as the tape wound down and Joey neared the end of his speech, Bendy knew where this was going.

"The End." Henry finished as he held the reel, his voice in sync with Joey's as the audio log cut out. Looking up, he came face to face with the Ink Demon himself. Bendy peered down at the man from above the back of his throne. And although you couldn't see it with his permanent expression, the demon was absolutely mind-blown, paralyzed with shock.

He never once hurt Henry! All the Ink Demon wanted to do was approach the old man, just talk with him for a little while. All he wanted was Henry's help so he could have a better chance of finding his darling. But no. The old man did nothing but run in fear! Constantly! This was all his fault the entire time, yet now Henry wanted to kill him!?

Bendy could feel the pure hatred and rage coursing through his inky veins. He had been so polite and cordial to Henry this entire time, yet this is how he was going to be treated? Killed by the old man who never bothered to try and listen to the demon who never even tried to hurt him? The Ink Demon had every right to be livid, yet that wasn't the only thing at play here.

Yes, the demon was enraged, but that wasn't even his most prominent emotion. It wasn't what was prompting his change in mind, his change in heart. He was in panic, panicked about the growing fear that his life was soon to end without reaching his most important goal. He was in distress, distressed because he was so close to finding his darling yet also so close to meeting his demise.

But above all else, the feeling that consumed him most was his fear. Bendy was scared, scared that he was about to lose absolutely everything. All that he fought for and chased after was about to be thrown away. He had just found out his darling was still alive for certain, and now he was about to meet his end before he got a chance to see her again.

He was scared of how she would feel. He was scared about abandoning her again. He was scared that, even after all of the fighting and chasing and hunting and desperate searching, his promises to her would be broken. He would lose her for good, and that was something he didn't dare wish upon neither himself nor his darling.

He was scared he would forever be left alone within the ink, but this time, he would never see light again. It would the ultimate price. It would be a consequence most unimaginable. It would be the final step into the hands of fate. It would be....

The End.

Bendy's vast range of mixed emotions began to overwhelm him completely. His mind, his body, his heart. His hands slowly began to grow larger, bringing a strange pain that both stung and felt relieving. Lowering himself behind his throne as he continued to morph, his horns became even more elongated. His smile grew and finally broke apart revealing massive fangs. His legs shrunk as his arms and hands grew even larger, and his shoulder blades began to jut out.

When he finished, he grabbed his throne with his new, gigantic claws and hopped over his throne, placing himself on it as he sneered at Henry. He leaned in towards the man, whose eyes were now wide with fear, as he let out a vicious roar. It was a threatening one, but only as a warning. The roar was in a defensive manner, meant to try and deter Henry so that he demon could keep himself safe.

Unable to deal with his new form and rapidly shifting emotions, Bendy began to panic as his hand came crashing into Henry, sending the poor man flying. His mind growing mumbled, the large beast began to run around in a crazed frenzy. He was trying to find an escape, but he couldn't think clearly and kept running in circles. Bendy could no longer comprehend anything, and he could no longer pay any attention to what Henry was doing, let alone the old man's ultimate intentions.

Eventually, Bendy made his way into a room with four tubes of rushing ink. When his eyes landed on Henry, he roared in fear as he began to be more overwhelmed with defensive rage than fear and loneliness. The beast relentlessly charged for Henry, chasing him around the small room.

Every once in a while, Henry would leap out of the way at the last second, and every once in a while, Bendy would accidentally dash right into one of the tubes filled with ink. The glass tubes would shatter instantly as ink spewed everywhere. This continued until Bendy had accidentally broken all four tubes, sending the room into darkness.

Henry dashed out of the room as fast as he could with his fairly slow pace. He quickly made haste back for the throne room, the reel still held tightly in his grasp. Henry didn't care where Beast Bendy was. All that mattered was that the demon wasn't anywhere in sight ahead of him or behind him.

The old man approached the throne and looked to the reel slot sitting right beside it. Henry made no hesitation in placing the new, strange reel into the player. He watched as the reel slowly began to spin as the video slowly started up. The reel, labeled "The End," was ready to play.