The Wolf

3/16/19, Edited 7/30/19

One beat. Two beats. Three beats. You struggled to open your eyes at the faint sound of music as you groaned in pain. Your back was sore and you had a piercing headache; your legs and arms were slightly hurting also.

You tried to remember anything that happened, but your throbbing headache was making your memory foggy. All you could recall was darkness and some strange, jumbled noises. 'Where am I?' You thought to yourself as your tired eyes tried to focus in your surroundings.

You went to roll off whatever you were on to stand on the floor, but the thing you had been laying on twisted and sent you crashing towards the floorboards. You didn't land, though, as something caught you in its arms. Looking up, you saw....Boris!?

"Wh-What?" You asked, your throat sore. "I thought you were dead!"

He didn't say anything, nor did he respond in any way, as he helped you to your feet. You looked behind you to see a hammock. No wonder why you fell so easily! You hadn't been laying on something sturdy enough.

"Well then." You sighed, looking back at Boris. However, he was quickly walking out the door as you did so. "Hey, wait up!" You frowned as you followed the toon.

As you followed him, the music grew louder and louder. You saw Boris sit in a chair at a round table with a gramophone playing in the background. That was definitely where the music was coming from.

You sat in a chair across from the wolf. He stared at you, his fingers dancing on the wooden table and his head gently bobbing to the music. You smiled at how adorable he was. He was exactly how you thought he would be, just like how he was in the cartoons. Only, he was a little kinder.

"Boris, what're you doing down here?" You asked him.

No response from the wolf. He continued to eye you as he swayed with the tempo.

"Not much of a talker, huh?" You giggled. "I'm used to that."

Boris pointed to a pot sitting on the dormant stove behind him. "Um, you're hungry?" You asked him, getting a nod out of him. "Okay." You sighed as you gathered some Bacon Soup and prepared some for both you and him.

"There!" You smiled, setting the bowl down in front of him before sitting down with yours. "Happy now?" He quickly gulped down the soup while you slowly ate with your spoon.

"So, did you save me or something?" You asked him. He nodded again.

"Well thanks." You smiled weakly before being overtaken with a frown. "Boris, can you help me outta here?"

The wolf didn't respond. The music still continued to persuade him.

"Please? I have to get back to Bendy! He's probably worried sick about me!"

The wolf froze when you said that. His ears slightly dropped as he averted his gaze. You noticed a small frown appear.

"Boris, what's wrong?"

He didn't respond by any means.

You sighed. "I don't have time for this. I have to go!" You went to stand up, but Boris stopped you as he frantically waved his hands in a pleading manner. He shot out of his chair and gently sat you back down.

You looked at him as he eyed you. The wolf gently patted your back, right where it was sore. "Oh, I see." You murmured. "Fine. I guess I'll stay a short while until my body feels better."

Boris nodded happily as he sat down again. He pulled out a deck of cards and started a game with you. He won every single game, but you knew it was only because you were very distracted. All you could focus on were your thoughts.

Although your headache retained its strong potential, you were having an easier time remembering what happened. You remembered going through the hallways with Bendy as they progressively became more and more strange. The sound of the breaking floor was still burned into your memory and your thoughts were still haunted by the sight of Bendy slowly disappearing from view as you fell through the hole.

Wait.... Bendy!

Bendy was probably so worried about you! You hated that he was left all alone with no explanation. Not to mention the fact that he was very protective of you, so it was almost a guarantee that he was very distressed over the situation.

You missed him terribly. You never wanted to be separated from him, especially not like this, but you thought leaving the studio would've been the safest option! He would have protected inside while you would be safe outside. And it wasn't going to be for long either. How the tables have turned.

There was nothing you could do, thought! Boris was right. Your body needed to rest. It hurt to walk so it's not like you'd make it far. Needless to say that you also had no idea where you were, so if Boris wasn't willing to go, then you wouldn't be able to.

But really, you didn't want Bendy to know your body was sore. You didn't want him to worry more than he already was. The ink demon would probably freak out if he knew you were even hurt in the slightest. He probably wouldn't let you leave his side for the next month. He was just sweet like that.

Boris gently held out his hand of cards, showing that he won again. You gave him a small, fake smile as you set down your cards. "I think I'm going to lay back down." You murmured. "This chair really isn't going to help me recover."

Boris nodded. He helped you up and took you back to the room. Assisting you in climbing back into the hammock, the toon carefully placed a light blanket over you. Grabbing your hand, he gave it a small squeeze of reassurance as he gently brushed the hair out of your face before leaving the room.

You smiled with a small hum at his actions. You always knew Boris would be this sweet and caring in person. After all, an animator like you would know best. However, no matter how much you enjoyed his company, you knew you couldn't stay much longer. You needed to get back to Bendy and fast. The poor thing was probably worried sick.