E P I S O D E - 9

"Episode 9 - Old Friends."    

His outburst startled me, I flew back, scared. Not because of him but because it took me back in time when Jude used to do that. From the corner of my eye, I caught Gabe pulling his gun on Xavier.

"Calm down or you I will shoot. Trust me on that." He growled at Xavier.

"You want me to stay calm. CALM? MY FAMILY IS HERE." Xavier screamed.

"THEY'VE KNOWN SINCE YOU ENTERED USA." Gabe shouted back, dropping his gun to his side.

Xavier looked like he was going to have a heart attack. He was breathing heavily, vein pulsing on his forehead. I knew exactly what type of a feeling that was. The feel of panic bubbling inside his gut was clawing it's flames up and wrapping it's hands around his throat.

I felt it when I was kidnapped while the house burned behind me. I felt it every time Jude came into my room. I felt that when Mason Capone had his men dragging me out of the house to take me to Jude. I felt it when I saw Jude for the first time in many years. I felt it on that cold slab of steel when I was nearly dead.

Raggedly, I released my breath. In a poised manner, I stood, facing Xavier.

"You've been safe ever since so why would they come for you now. No one knows a part from Nathan about me and him." I pointed towards Gabe. "He personally helped us to escape."

"Now why would he do that?" He asked sarcastically.

"Because he's investigating Capone. He knew Gabe killed Mason Capone and nearly blew up a block and still helped us to get to safety." I crossed my arms over my chest. I was wearing a simple sweater dress with long socks. Xavier settled but kept the annoyed frown on his face.

"Just increase your body guards if you feel unsafe but Interpol got a hit on your faces. FBI know you're alive and living a civilian life. I think as long as you don't come back, they aren't going to touch you." Gabe explained, easing Xavier even more. "Coffee?"

Gabe didn't wait for a reply when he marched down to kitchen and started taking out cups. Xavier took out his phone, quickly typed something before joining Gabe. Sitting down on one of the stools. I took the one adjacent to him.

It took Xavier a while to calm down. It felt like he lost some of his skills since leaving the syndicate. To stay calm even with a gun pointed at you. You listen carefully and calmly to every detail of a conversation, ask questions to more more information. Now that he was calm, he was asking all the right questions, taking all the information in before acting.

If he left suddenly, the FBI would be on his tail thinking he's evading but he stays put with more guards, he has a much higher chances of laying low for longer to come up with plan of extraction was a better idea. As a mafia boss, thinking twice as fast was a must. To stay sharp in times of trouble.

After we told him about how I was kidnapped when I was 9 and had been kept by the Capone ever since. The FBI knew about it because of the DNA obtained illegally. Xavier nodded then. He knew about those. He told us, that once an FBI agent went undercover as a housemaid and tried to gather every information she could. Of course they have kill her once they found out. The FBI tried to get every type of warrants but Xavier father was clever, he made sure the body was gone.

No dead body, no open investigation. Xavier however, wasn't like that. The more we spoke, the more I realised why Xavier left. He was a good guy, that's why his men still respected him. Protected him.

I only told Xavier about the minimum about the hellish life I had but from the way he looked at me, he knew exactly what kind of a life I'd lived.

"After I was shot, Gabe took me to the vets-"