E P I S O D E - 13

"Episode 13 - As who we are." 

My hands shook, Xavier realise that. He took it out of my hand and answered it quickly. I took a deep breath, getting my nerves together.

"Nathan. Thank you for sending Lucia to me." Xavier pulled up the video, put his face on camera. "I realised that FBI knew about my existence?"

"Yes now where's my family." Nathan spoke through gritted teeth. Angry at the loss of control. Xavier flipped the switch, the back camera captured the scared little family for a brief moment before he flipped it back to us.

"Now, where's Gabe?" It was my turn to question him.

"He's here." We say the screen move. They were inside a car for sure but it was too dark to see the outside but there was. Grey eyes peered through the darkness. He had a tape over his mouth, hands tied together.

I forgot to breathe. He was alive, breathing, blinking. "Okay, drive around the car park, take the road that leads behind the stops on the left. Park in front of lit workshop. It's the only one there. I'll bring your family out and we can swap. Then you take them and go." Xavier negotiated, getting up. Leo came in, surprised by Xavier being present in the room.

"How can I trust that you won't hurt them?" He asked. Turning the phone back to his face. I could hear my heart beating in my ears. I was getting him back.

"Why would we? Do you want us to?" Xavier smirked, taunting him.

"NO." Nathan looked panicked. "I just need to see them okay." He looked like he was about to cry. His chin quivered, hooded eyes sagged. He looked like he hadn't slept in months.

"My men will be watching." Putting the phone away, he ordered Leo to get his snipers to take position. "Lets go get your man and then lets get the hell out of here." Gently, he took me by my elbow and guided me outside while Nahele's team brought the hostages with us. They were still bound and gagged.

Absently, I held on the the jacket material of Xavier's arm like a child holding onto her brother. Like I used to do with Santiago. A small memory flashed but this time it was of busy road with lots of people around me.

I felt scared because Santiago wasn't there. Neither was Daddy. They couldn't come because of work. I was extremal upset but Aunt Irina promised to

"Zavi, honey, hold little Lucia's hands okay? Make sure to not let go." The voice belonged to the lady with the blue eyes. Xavier's mother. Aunt Irina's voice. Xavier was a bit older than I remember from my 5th birthday but so was I. However, it was a busy road and everyone looked tall and scary.

Suddenly, I was being picked up and ended up sitting on Xavier's folded arm. I giggled, holding on to him, excited to see mickey and minnie mouse waving hello. I waved back, overly excited. "I WANT MINNIE EARS." I shouted, clapping at the same time.

"Let's get you one before we get a picture with them." He smiled.

"We went to Disney land together." I blurted out from no where suddenly. We were waiting outside, the snow was falling heavily around us and it was the most inappropriate moment for me to smiling. I pocketed my hands in my coat, remember the times Gabe used to entangle our gloved fingers and shove it in his pocket, pulling me closer. I missed him. My heart ached, slicing in two. But the loving memory put at at ease.

"Yes." An amused smile crept up on his face. He looked pleased. "Our families were really close. Well, our fathers were like best friends so we were like family."

"You bought me mickey mouse ears." I vividly remembered. "Your mother was there. She was always so lovely to me."

"She adored the life out of you and actually..." He patted my head before shoving his hands into his own pockets. "...I bought you a lot of other stuff through out the years but yes."