E P I S O D E - 14

"Episode 14 - Oh Brother my."    

Gabe quickly showered, changed into fresh clothes. The men put our clothes together into one black carry on bag. I waited outside, laid down on the bed for 5 minutes. My arm was throbbing and I took out a pain killer from the little bag Xavier got from the pharmacy. Taking one, I shoved the rest in the black bag. My arms were aching, I was only in my sports, the gashes bleeding.

I waited for the medicine to kick in, waited for the pain to subside. It was similar size to the one we had at the lodge but this was much brighter and homier. The walls were light beige with greyish brown contours. The bed sheets were made of silk. The white colour matched well with the sandy brown theme. Instead of turning of the over head light, I turned the lamps on the walls, shielded by a stained glass. I really like that decoration. It diverted away the harsh up against the wall and reflect the residual light into the room.

It gave the atmosphere a gloomier effect. I felt a headache coming on, the Adrenalin had left my body, finally and I was left with all the physical and emotional burdens. I wanted to sleep the past 24 hours away. I was exhausted and for a second there, I thought I was falling asleep when I heard a knock at the door. When I didn't answer, someone opened it and freaked.

"WOAH! I didn't mean to barge in." Xavier was about to leave when I told him to stop.

"Can you change the bandages?" I waved him in, finally getting up and opening my eyes.

"I will after you put some clothes on." He kept his eyes outside of the room.

"I am." I was wearing a full length pants sports bra. Suddenly, the door to he bathroom opened, Gabe semi revealed himself with a white towel around his waist. His 8 packs glistened making my mouth water. He definitely bulked up during the months we were at the Lodge.

"No." Xavier turned completely now. "I've seen you in dippers and let me tell you -"

"OKAY OKAY!" Embarrassed, I gave in. Putting on a tank top, I waved Xavier in again. He went straight to the little bag filled with objects from the pharmacy and took out the bandage, alcohol and ointment.

"I'm missing something aren't I?" Gabe kept looking at us with a completely amused smile on his face.

"He took me to Disney land." I shrugged, the medicine kicked in, making me light headed and happy.

"While I was kidnapped?" He was holding on to his towel. I wanted it to drop but Xavier sat next to me, taking me arm before he started unwrapping my bandages. He was clearly a buzz kill. I pouted, snootily.

"We went when she was 6. Our moms took us. You cried when we departed because you wouldn't go without Santiago. Your mum had to literally carry you away to the plane while you cried, trying to reach for him. Then I bribed you with chocolate. You were fine after that." He gave a nostalgic laugh. Dropping the tainted bandages, he used the cotton to absorb some antiseptic alcohol. "This will hurt."

He gently dabbed the cotton on my stitches, trying to remove the dried blood.

"Are you okay? Do you not feel that?" Xavier frowned.

"She's high as a kite." Gabe shook his, turned to shut the door.

"He has ass." I smiled like a Cheshire cat.

"No. NO. NOO!" Xavier acted like he was scarred for life. "Come on." I felt like I was flying, my head lolled to the side. The bag was on the bed. Xavier spotted the open pocket. "She only had ONE." Xavier held up the full bottle.

"She doesn't drink or smoke or anything. She has a low tolerance for anything that that affects the mind. Also she probably hasn't eat much." Gabe chuckled and finally closed the door.