E P I S O D E - 10

"Episode 10 - They have my family."  

I elbowed Nathan in the rib, like Gabe taught me. Breaking free, I grabbed for Gabe. He fell back on the wooden floor with a loud thud, imitating the beat of my heart. It felt like a ball was clogged in my throat. I couldn't speak or breathe. I felt dizzy.

"GABE!" I screamed, lunging for him. "GABRIEL!" Putting my hands on his chest, I tried to find the bleeder. Hoping to make it stop but when I saw no blood, I paused, perplexed. Blood rushed to my ears, buzzing it's way to my head. It felt like I was dying.

"It's a tranquilliser." Nathan said from behind. "I don't want to kill either of you. I'm so sorry." Taking off the dart that was sticking out of his chest, I got on my knees to take his face in my hands. His beard scratched my palm. Seeing his lulled state clawed my chest.

"I'm so sorry baby. I love you okay. I fucking love you." I needed him to know that. When I wiped my face, I realised I was crying. My whole body shook.

A shadow came over me, turning, I found Nathan standing over me. Fire ignited in my belly.

"No." I pushed him, away from Gabe. I was too emotional to think about the strategies that Gabe taught me. "What do you want?"

"I need insurance. I'm sorry. They have my family." He sounded distraught and I didn't understand what he meant by insurance.

"What about my family?" I finally stood, facing him with all the braveness I could muster. Fear was there simmering underneath the surface.

"I'm sorry."

Anger pulsed inside me. It gave me a surge of confidence to push him away, away from Gabe's body. I trusted Nathan t one point. He was supposed to be my friend but I guess Gabe picked up on it quicker than I did. I was happy to see him and he took that away in one second. I allowed this to happen and I hated myself for that. No. Not any more. I wasn't going to rely on anyone other than Gabe.

Taking Nathan by surprised I attacked him. His hooded eyes widened, when I kicked him in the balls. His mouth popped open but he was still in control. Gabe was like that. No matter how many hits he took, he was always in control unless he was conciousness. Nathan was ex military, he was strained to endure pan.

I tried to punch him. He blocked it by ducking under and when I kicked, he grabbed a hold on my leg, not letting go. "I'm sorry Elena. They have my family."

"AHH!" I screamed, tried to reach for him when he pulled a syringe from his pocket and pushed the milky white content into my leg.

"Fuck."

He was a former marine and I didn't take my training seriously. It was my fault. I screamed but I didn't feel my mouth open. Everything around me blurred, my senses declined and suddenly everything blank.

Fuck.

My mouth felt dry. My lips tingled, brain banged against my skull, throbbing Something was really wrong here. My whole body ached, like something was wrapped around my body. I was on a chair.

Gabriel.

That was my first thought before an image of him lying on the ground, unconscious, flashed before my eyes. My heart jumped to my throat.

Oh Lord. No. Oh God. No.

That's when I realised I was tied to a chair. My legs and hands were tied to the chair with duct tapes and a thick rope circle around my body like a long snake. I was tied to the back of the chair.