En Route

Slowly but surely her eyes opened after she had slept, she had apparently slept through until the next morning. Apolline felt a bit ashamed for sleeping to long but took notice of something that was laid out over her.

Softly she shifted and took notice of another deer skin that had been placed upon her. She was a little surprised by this, just what on earth did Seke do. He must of went hunting again when she was asleep. Speaking of Seke, she didn't see him anywhere and as she looked around she felt scared.

Apolline has become so dependent on him lately, and just that alone made her feel embarrassed. She can't just cling to Seke so much, it was unhealthy and a little weird.

A sound caught her attention however as she looked over, and she blinked in greater surprise. The sun was now just peaking into the clear blue sky, and Seke was approaching her with some kind of animal. Of course it was a reptile for it looked like a much larger monitor lizard. The animal was a dark brown color with a bit of a ball python pattern.

Seke just kept amazing her, and the animal seemed very comfortable with him. What did he do, tame it with deer meat?

Apolline blinked as Seke approached her as the massive monitor flicked its tongue while standing still behind him, and she softly looked up at him as he placed his much larger hand upon her head. His hands felt cold still which made her think, did she catch a cold?

She watched Seke's expression for it changed into a worried one, and that was enough for her. She must be sick to make him look like that.

Seke looked to his right hand side as he shifted his bag that he had. He pulled out what looked like a clay bowl that had something in it.

Apolline watched him curiously and as she does she could feel a chill going up her spine. Just that chill alone made her feel colder, and she pulled the deer skin closer to her.

Seke slowly kneeled down to her, his hands made little work as they moved the lid from the bowl. It was small, very small to Seke anyway for he was like a giant to her.

He held the bowl to her and she softly took it while looking inside of the bowl. The contents of the bowl looked similar to soup, though it was a lot redder in color than most soups that she had seen.

Apolline blinked a few times before putting the bowl to her lips, and Seke watched her closely as she did so. She trusted Seke to the fullest extent. He had done so much for her already, how could she not trust him.

She had a small mouth full of the red soup and she watched as Seke took it away from her. He gave her a look and she knew not to take to much. Apolline slowly swallowed the soup and she blinked before making a sour face. She didn't make this face because it was sour though, for it was hot. Extremely hot. Hotter than the ghost pepper, that she knew for sure.

Apolline had tried a ghost pepper back when she was home, her boyfriend and her did it together just to see who could handle it. In the end, there was no winners for they both lost.

Apolline fanned her face, her cheeks and face were red. That chill that went through her body, literally vanished.

Her eyes were watering but she looked at Seke who handed her a animal hide looking flask that had water in it. She smiled and looked thankful as she softly took it from him and she drank the water looking a little relieved.

That was unbelievably hot, but she was glad that once the water hit her mouth did the pulses of heat eased. If she had a cold, that soup would definitely kick that cold to the curb. Apolline nodded at Seke with a smile and he chuckled a bit.

He looked at the animal and he flicked his finger, and the large lizard approached him. Its legs and body moved from side to side as it did so.

Apolline gasped as she was softly lifted from the ground, and she looked puzzled as Seke set her down onto the back of the lizard. As she sat there, the large animal flicked its tongue. The length of that tongue was much longer than any lizard that she had ever come to witness.