Dangers

Apolline was following after Seke, her eyes were so bright and cheerful as she looked around the town. Successfully, they had gotten what they needed in order to continue on their journey and to be honest she was extremely excited for it. That was probably cause she felt so much closer with Seke, seeing that she bought him something.

Seke also seemed to be in good spirits about it and that made her happy, as she looked at him. Python was following after her closely, for the large lizard definitely had a soft spot for her. To Apolline, she saw him as a dog which made her smile.

As they were walking out of the town, Seke stopped and looked at the side and this gained her attention as she looked at him. Her eyes went wide as two individuals were talking about something to each other. One sentence however stood out to her, and that sentence was, "There is some strange creatures living on a beach a good distance away."

Seke glanced at her, and she looked at him while Python was up close to Apolline's right leg.

Apolline watched as Seke approached them curiously, and she could hear faintly what he was asking. Though, she knew deep down. Her eyes were keen on them, seeing that the two who were talking looked at her before looking away to continue talking to Seke.

After a little while, Seke walked over to her with a bit of a smile on his lips. "We may have a lead to where your parents are?"

Apolline looked shocked and immediately it changed to pure joy. "Really!?!"

Seke nodded as he watched Apolline smile and began to cry a few happy tears. "Let's go!"

Seke nodded as he chuckled, and so he walked ahead with Apolline at his side who was wiping her eyes with a large smile. This couldn't be happening right? Did they really find a lead to where her parents were?

Apolline was so exciting that she couldn't contain herself, and Seke watched her from the corner of his eyes with a light smile that was very amused on his lips. He knew that news would make her happy, for she risked her very life in order to find them.

Continuing to walk forward together, it was beginning to get late in the evening. It wouldn't be to much longer until they find a spot to camp down for the night.

Python was at Apolline's heels, his back held all their items and resources for this journey ahead.

According to what Seke had mentioned, as well as what she had heard. Her parents were living on a beach, quite a long way from them. Seke also mentioned that it would be a few weeks before they get there, but that was an estimation. If things were to go well, then it would be a few weeks, but if something else was to happen then it would take them longer to get there.

Apolline was so focused on her happiness and thoughts that she didn't notice that Seke had stopped suddenly.

A loud noise similar to a deer crying out made Apolline freeze up as chills went down her spine. She quickly looked back at Seke who looked at her back, and then to her right fast as she saw a deer run past her with heavy wounds on its neck.

A similar sounding hiss erupted as a sharp red glow made her sick to her stomach. It was that red monstrosity, but this one was bigger and had larger and thicker horns.

"APOLLINE!?!", yelled Seke as he ran forward with his spear drawn.

Apolline gasped loudly and screamed as the red bioluminescent beast lunged at her. Tears welled up in her eyes however, as she saw Seke jump in and stab the animal in the face.

The animal was thrashing wildly on the ground as it screamed loudly in pure rage, while Seke held on to the spear as his body moved around on this sickeningly dangerous ride.