ten

Bianca brought the three Volturi - Aro, Caius, and Marcus - a message on a silver platter

Bianca brought the three Volturi - Aro, Caius, and Marcus - a message on a silver platter. Aro took the message from the platter.

"Oh... it's from Carlisle," he whispered joyfully. Then, he turned to Bianca. "Which is spelt with an S, sweet Bianca."

He motioned for his guards, who appeared beside Bianca. Aro read the message, red eyes skimming over the message, then back again.

"He's added a new member to his coven."

Marcus made a sound of realization.

"Increasing his power," Caius simply said, uninterested.

Suddenly, Aro's guards dragged Bianca away as she screamed. Her shrill screams seemed to get on everyone's nerves. Their enhanced hearing did not like it.

"First, it's the spelling, then the grammar," Aro ranted. He handed the message to Marcus.

Marcus hummed. "At least our dispute with the Cullens is over."

"Over?" Aro questioned.

Marcus nodded and hummed.

Aro shook his head, a smile on his pale face. "Goodness, no. Our dispute goes far beyond the fate of a mere human."

Caius leaned forward, slightly eager. "And what might it be?"

"Why, brother, I thought you understood. They have something I want."

Aro leaned back in his throne and clasped his hands together, signaling that he was plotting something. Aro was good at coming up with plans. Caius and Marcus never knew what he was plotting in his head until he said it out loud, but for once, they had an idea as to what he was thinking

"Get the twins for me," Aro commanded.

Two guards flashed out of the room to retrieve the twins. Moments later, Jane and Alec walked through the large doors, their cloaks grazing the floor.

"You wished to see us, master?" Jane asked.

"I have a plan for Alec," Aro announced. "But only if you agree. Beatrice Hale is your mate, yes, Alec?"

Alec nodded once, stiffly. "Yes."

"I want you to get close with her. She will prove to be useful. Jane, you cannot go with him."

"But - "

"The plan works better without you, Jane," Aro said.

"And what is the plan, master?" Alec asked.

"Infiltrate the Olympic Coven by taking Beatrice Hale's heart."