eighteen

Zafrina had power over the mind

Zafrina had power over the mind. She could make anyone see what she wanted them to. Bella watched as Zafrina made Edward a beautiful forest with birds chirping in his mind.

"If she weren't holding my hand right now, I could swear this was real," Edward whispered.

"I don't see anything," Bella retorted, upset that she wasn't able to see whatever beautiful scene that was splayed out in front of her husband.

"Edward, you didn't tell me your wife is a shield," Eleazar said.

"What's a shield?" Bella asked.

Edward suddenly understood and smiled. "The ones I've met are so different."

"It's a defensive talent," Eleazar added.

"It's why I couldn't read your mind, even before. It's why Aro couldn't," Edward said.

"You have a very powerful gift," Eleazar complimented.

Suddenly, Kate took Bella's hand, electricity wielding in her palms.

"Oh - yeah, she's a shield, all right. Shoulda put her on her ass," Kate said.

"Or your voltage has been exaggerated," Garrett mocked.

"Maybe, it only works on the weak," Kate corrected. She put her hand up by her face, daring Garrett to try to touch her.

Carlisle shook his head. "Garrett, I wouldn't."

Garrett touched his finger to Kate's hand, instantly getting electrocuted and falling to the ground. He was breathing heavily as he slowly got back up on his feet.

"You are an amazing woman," he breathed out.

Alec, Beatrice, Zelda, and Finnick walked up to the group, wanting to fill their boredom with the abilities of the new vampires on their land.

Eleazar smiled and took Beatrice's hand. "It is wonderful to see you again, love. I hope your gift has been treating you well."

She sighed. "Not well, Eleazar, but Alec has been good for me."

Eleazar smiled at her and Alec. "The perfect match to compliment each other."

"What's your gift?" Garrett asked.

"I see the past," Beatrice said. "However, I only see their worst memories. I saw you," she whispered. "The night you were turned."