thirteen

Bella woke up as a newborn, immediately noticing the differences in her senses - like dust particles in the air, the textures and details of things in the room

Bella woke up as a newborn, immediately noticing the differences in her senses - like dust particles in the air, the textures and details of things in the room. She saw Jacob walking out of the house toward Edward and her.

"You're still here," Bella stated.

"So are you. I didn't expect you to seem so you," Jacob replied. "Except for the creepy eyes."

Jacob tried walking closer to Bella to hug her, but she took a step back.

"I would keep my distance for now," Bella warned.

"It's safer for the baby to see how you do with me first," Jacob explained.

"Since when do you care about Renesmee?"

Jacob and Edward exchanged a knowing look with each other. Bella had no idea that Jacob imprinted on Renesmee.

Jacob spread his arms. "All right, take a whiff."

Bella took a slow step closer and took in a big whiff of Jacob. Her nose coiled up. "Well, I can see what everyone's been talking about. Jake, you really do stink."

Edward and Jacob laughed.

"You guys really look great together," Jacob genuinely said, smiling.

"Want to come meet our daughter?" Edward asked Bella.

Jacob ran ahead into the house as Bella and Edward walked into the house. When Bella and Edward walked into the house, the whole family was there with Renesmee.

Esme smiled brightly. "Welcome to the family."

"You look amazing, Bella," Alice complimented.

"Someone's been waiting to meet you," Carlisle said.

Rosalie turned around. Beatrice was next to Rosalie, cooing at Renesmee. Alec was next to Beatrice, an arm wrapped lovingly around her waist as the couple peered at Renesmee.

"What is he doing here?" Bella demanded. "Why is he so close to Renesmee?"

"Bella, look at his eyes," Beatrice whispered. "Alec is learning. He won't hurt you or Renesmee."

Bella looked into Alec's eyes. He didn't flinch or back away from Bella's intense stare. Alec's eyes were tinted red with topaz swirls and sparkles. However, Bella noticed he wasn't breathing. Most of the Cullens and Hales breathed to feel human, but Alec wasn't. He still didn't trust himself to breathe around Renesmee. He didn't want to hurt her.