seventeen

Finnick and Zelda hopped on a plane with Beatrice and Alec

Finnick and Zelda hopped on a plane with Beatrice and Alec. Finnick was worried about Beatrice. He remembered her nightmares vividly. When he was still human, she would brush it off as nightmares from filthy men fondling her back in Nafplio.

Once he turned, she told him everything she knew. He was sympathetic and loving, assuring her that he would be there for her every step of the way. In the end, she left him because he truly loved another woman.

Finnick and Zelda were in the seats in another aisle, next to Alec and Beatrice. Finnick watched Beatrice in worry as she slept. She looked peaceful, but he knew it was more than that - worse than that. Zelda was put off by that. She knew of their past, but she never realized how much they truly loved each other. When she first met Beatrice, Zelda was too caught up with Finnick, to notice the hurt that passed through Beatrice's eyes, but now Zelda knew. Finnick would always love Beatrice.

Beatrice's mouth opened before her eyes, taking in a sharp breath. Alec smashed his hand over her mouth as her eyes snapped open. Her eyes were wide and erratic as she tried to force back the scream that was bubbling in her throat. Her eyes dropped slightly as she calmed down, head turning to thank her mate with her eyes. He nodded, taking his hand off her mouth gently, the ghost of his cold skin fluttering against her cheek.

Beatrice didn't notice Finnick and Zelda watching the two, but Alec did. He wanted to prove that he was the better mate - the better husband - the better everything. Beatrice smiled at him and kissed his chin. He nudged his nose lovingly against her forehead. She sighed in content. The two simply stared into each other's eyes.

Zelda nudged Finnick's shoulder. He turned and looked at her with a soft smile. She looked at him in worry and he shook his head.

"I'm okay," he whispered. "I love you."

She smiled. "I love you."

Six hours later, the quartet arrived in Forks. Beatrice was glad to be back, and so was Alec. He never liked modes of transportation that weren't running. He preferred to flash to places. He liked having control over his own destiny and body. Odd for a man who could take away the senses that others needed in order to function.

Beatrice got the two settled in the Olympic household, then told them to make themselves comfortable, but they could not hunt humans in Forks. Their red eyes made the shifters uneasy. Zelda seemed to despise the shifters, but Finnick was eager to meet a shifter who seemed to be on their side, against the Volturi.