fifteen

And so, Beatrice and Alec were on their way to Greece

And so, Beatrice and Alec were on their way to Greece. They needed to find witnesses to prove that Renesmee was not an immortal child, but it was mostly an excuse for Beatrice to visit Nafplio. She wanted to see how much better or worse it was.

They chose to take a plane to Greece instead of running. Beatrice was wary of falling asleep, but she didn't get to choose when. Right before she woke up and screamed, Alec covered her mouth with his hand, discreetly turning her head to make it look like they were kissing.

Beatrice wasn't a vampire for long in Nafplio. She stayed for three months, drinking the blood of worthless males who abused women. Beatrice saw herself in those women and it made her blood boil. She saw weakness and vulnerability in them, and she despised it.

Then, she stowed away on a ship that was sailing to America. She found the wonders of America, noticing how they spoke differently and dressed differently. A lot of things were different in America. When she first arrived, her accent had thrown everyone off. She didn't speak English that well either. It was there, in Bodie, where she met a man by the name of Finnick. He was a local miner in the prime time of the gold rush.

They got close to each other and ended up living together. Finnick couldn't read that well either, so it brought him a sense of pride to be teaching Beatrice how to read. Their story wasn't a bad one. Finnick never laid hands on her in a violent way. Every time he touched her, she fell in love with him all over again. At that time, Beatrice still didn't know about her own kind and how soulmates existed for them.

Finnick always wanted children, but she told him she was infertile. His dreams were crushed, but he was still happy to have a magnificent wife that always took care of him after a long day of mining. Finnick didn't miss the way the miners would stare at her and ogle at the fine curves and dips on her body. It always infuriated him when he caught them looking.

One night, when Beatrice was out hunting, Finnick caught her in the act. She was fangs deep in one of the miners. He recognized him as the man who once harassed Beatrice and other women in the town. Beatrice went insane. She was so scared Finnick would tell the townspeople and burn her at the stake like a witch, but he did something that shocked her, even to the present day.

He told her, "We need to bury this body quick. The next round of miners come through this path within the hour."

Once they got home, dirty and tired, she was forced to explain everything to him. Once she finished, he told her he wanted the bite. Beatrice didn't know the venom could kill a human or turn them, so she did it without knowing the consequences. Three days later, Finnick was a vampire.

They traveled the world together, loving each other and enjoying each other's warm company. But one day, Finnick met another woman in Italy, and the two hit it off. Her name was Zelda, and she knew things about vampires that the two combined never knew, and when Zelda told them about soulmates, Finnick knew Zelda was the one.

Beatrice was heartbroken, but she let him go. The universe had picked the two out for each other. She left Italy a week after Finnick and Zelda met. She packed her belongings and never looked back.

"Beatrice?"

Her head snapped to meet Alec's eyes. "Yeah?"

"Are you all right?"

She smiled painfully. "I'm great."