sixteen

"I don't know many vampires in Greece

"I don't know many vampires in Greece. I never stayed for long. Besides, the vampires I know travel all the time. They never stay in one place for long," Beatrice said. "I just used Renesmee as an excuse to visit my hometown again. Is that wrong of me?"

Alec shook his head. "No, it is not wrong to miss your hometown, even after everything you have been through."

She smiled at him, took his hand, and kissed his knuckles. "Thank you," she whispered.

The two were strolling around the streets of Nafplio, glancing at the shops, street signs, and vendors all over the city. It was a bright city, unlike what Beatrice was used to. She was used to seeing the night sky, the frightened people locking their doors, and the shouting of drunk men, but it was different now. People were greeting each other and smiling.

"Nafplio is beautiful," Alec stated. "I have never been here - only Athens and Patras."

"It wasn't once beautiful like it is now. I wish I had photos to show you how corrupt it was."

"I'm glad you don't have photos. It would only remind you of the bad times you went through, my bella colomba."

If vampires could blush, Beatrice would be blushing. Because she couldn't, she chose to gently shove Alec away instead. He chuckled at how shy she was whenever he used nicknames with her. He walked closer to her and wrapped an arm around her waist, making sure she couldn't push him away any longer.

"Alec, you're - "

"Beatrice?"

She turned around, not recognizing the voice. She thought maybe a family member accidentally came to Greece without her knowing. When she turned around, she wanted to cry.

"Finnick?"

He smiled brightly, Zelda flanking his right side. He walked up to her and pulled in for a hug. Alec was clearly bothered by it, but did nothing, noticing how Beatrice knew who he was. Zelda, on the other hand, wanted to be nowhere near Beatrice and Alec.

"What are you doing here?" Finnick asked as he withdrew from the hug.

"We are gathering witnesses to talk against the Volturi," Alec said. "Beatrice's niece was accused of being an immortal child."

"But aren't you part of the Volturi?" Zelda retorted. "Finnick, we should go."

"I once was, but I am not any longer," Alec said. "Beatrice is my mate. You are?" He looked at Finnick and Zelda.

"Oh... Uh - Beatrice and I have a past together. It's hard to forget. Anyway, I'd love to meet your niece. I'm assuming she's not an immortal child?" Finnick asked.

"Finnick!" Zelda hissed.

"No, she was conceived when the mother was still human, but the father is a vampire. Her heart beats and she radiates warmth," Beatrice explained. "She's back in America. I'd love it if both of you came."

Finnick smiled, ignoring Zelda's heated glare at him. "We'd love to."